Chapter 3: F/N

Ballora, as you expected, was a little less talkative than the others seemed to be. Maybe it was because of your stormy expression? Either way, you were glad for the silence. You weren't in the mood for chit chat.
"I am so very sorry for Foxy's behaviour," Ballora apologised. "He's just used to it being the five of us."
You nodded, not saying anything as you came out to Ballora Gallery. It was like Funtime Auditorium, but, like Ballora mentioned, it had lights around her stage, and a flickering bulb above the Breaker Room, which you learned was where Freddy and Bon-Bon slept. As they passed you, Freddy smiled sympathetically before disappearing behind the door and you smiled back, hoping not to come off as hating everybody.

Funtime Foxy wandered aimlessly through the darkness, his hands stretched out, his fingers flexing as he reached out for something unknown. For a moment, he expected to trip over your stone cold figure, almost clumsily tripping over his own feet and crashing into the wall. Foxy sighed and rubbed his pink snout.
"You deserve that, y'know." Irritation swirling in his stomach, Foxy turned to Baby, who was leaning against the wall, the only way Foxy could see her was the glow of her pearl white paint.
"Oh, hello Jester," Foxy sneered. "I wasn't expecting visitors tonight."
"And I wouldn't visit you if it didn't matter, you jerkface!" Baby snapped. She took a breath, then spoke softly. "You may think you're alone, but you aren't. For some reason, we care about you. Haven't you realised that after the years we've spent together? Going through tortorous shocks together? Getting out insides scooped out and reused together?"
Foxy blinked. Yes, he did remember those times, but he didn't remember a time where he had a... Buddy: Freddy had Bon-Bon, and Baby had Ballora. Foxy had no-one. "Together?" He repeated softly, then his voice hardened. "Together? This is just a game to you isn't it? 'Together' for you means Ballora, Bon-Bon Freddy and Y/N, doesn't it?"
"Since when did--"
"SHUT UP AND LISTEN TO ME!" Foxy snarled. "Y/N only came a day ago, and you guys have been sucking up to her like a dog would for a treat. Freddy DROPPED ME because of something I said. None of you stuck up for me, didn't ask if I was okay, nothing! You just laughed at me! Like I was some sort of joke! If it were the other way around, with me dropping Freddy, you wouldn't be laughing, would you? WOULD YOU?" Foxy heaved for breath as Baby processed what he had said. He sat down, putting his head in his hands. After a while, Baby sat down beside him.
"We laugh," Baby rubbed Foxy's shoulder, "because we think you'd go along. We don't laugh at you, we want you to laugh with us. And we would scold you because you have a twisted sense of humour, to say the least." Foxy looked up at Baby, whose green eyes were glowing with kindness. "Please apologise to Y/N," Baby pleaded. "Admit that you were wrong."
Foxy thought for a moment. Maybe he had been a little harsh. Just a little. "Aight," he got up, making his way toward the vent that lead to the primary control module. "I'll apologise now." But before he could get far, Baby stopped him.
"Give her some time," she said coolly. "I have the feeling she's rethinking her answer."

"So, what was F/N usually like?" Ballora sat down, sensing your sadness. You blinked, not expecting her to say anything.
"Uh... where do I start?" You laughed. "She was usually extroverted, bubbly, popular, that sort of stuff. People were always shocked when she chose to hang out with me."
"Why would they be surprised?" Ballora asked, sounding slightly confused.
"Because they didn't understand why the girl who had everything would hang out with the girl who had nothing: No parents, no friends except F/N, nothing." You sighed, thinking back to the days where you would have your lunch money taken from you, and F/N would give you hers, the days where bullies would throw stones at you, and F/N would take as many as she could. "She was a good friend to me." Ballora stopped and thought for a moment.
"She still is your friend, y'know," Ballora reasoned softly. "If you miss her, why don't you call her?" You thought for a moment, chuckling. F/N always knew when you were lying to her, even over the phone, and she knew texting wasn't your style.
"Maybe tomorrow—" You were interrupted by a loud clamouring. You turned towards the vent to see Foxy charging towards you, with a breathless Baby stumbling after him.
"Y/N!" He yelled, skidding to a holt and sitting down. If you were still in a very sour mood, you would have flicked his forehead and told him to back off, but you were slightly less peeved now, so you were willing to hear what he had to say to you.
"What to you want?" You grumbled, but that didn't put Foxy off, in fact, it made the determination in his eyes glow brighter.
"I am very sorry about what I said," he sighed, and held out his hand for you to shake. "Not that I count you as a friend—because we aren't—but are we good?" You thought for a moment, then grinned, shaking Foxy's hand.
"Yes, we are good," you grinned mischievously, "Foxy-Fox." Foxy's face faltered for a moment, but you growled, "Deal with it or I'll slap you again." Foxy blinked, pulling his face away a little.
"Yes, ma'am," he rolled his eyes. You smiled softly. There was the Foxy-Fox you knew.