Chapter Nine: Sleepover

"Y/N! Oh my GOSH, I feel like it's been AGES!" F/N squealed, pulling you into a rib-crushing hug before pulling away and tugging you into the room.

"Ok, so I bought some face masks, brownies, chocolate milk," F/N gushed, pointing excitedly at all the snacks, "Oh! And I found those music lollipops we like!"

You smiled at F/N's enthusiasm as she pointed to a pile of Melody Pop's. "We have a bunch of stuff to catch up on, so I figured I'd get snacks, y'know?" F/N explained, flopping herself onto one of the double beds and patting you a spot. "Let's start with you work, 'cause I'm slightly worried," F/N mumbled, turning on her phone and pulling up a website for you to read. "The owner of the company of that place has a shady background, and then you started working overtime and ignoring my calls..."

You felt a little guilty, knowing that you saw the calls come through, but you were too busy hanging out with Foxy to stop and talk with F/N.

F/N clapped her hands together and smiled, though. "But you're here now, so it's fine!" She reassured you, passing you a brownie. "You seem a bit down, though. Has something happened at work?"

F/N was your closest friend, of course you always tell her when something wrong. So, you did. But with a few changed details, of course.

F/N seemed to take a bit to process what she just heard. "Okay," She said after a while, confusion plastered onto her face, "So you're telling me that all the people you work with are in a gang that want to use you to take over the world, and that one of them wants to use you more than the others?"

"Yup." You suppressed a giggle at the story you created and how it seemed to twist F/N's brain.

"And your boss is just okay with it?!" She cried, taking a bite out of another brownie.

"They're basically his only workers," You reminded her. "He wants to keep them around, gang or no gang."

F/N nodded slowly. "And the problem you're having is that the guy you thought was your friend was just lying so he could use you?"

You sighed. "That's the gist of it, yeah."

F/N raised an eyebrow at you. "But he was also afraid the others were trying to hurt you and was determined to keep you away from them?"

You nodded slowly, and F/N rolled her eyes. "What are you getting at?"

"Y/N, if my brother told you I was using you to make my parents get a double bed, would you believe him?"

"No?" You replied, slightly knowing where F/N was taking this. "What reason do I have to believe that?"

"What reason do you have to believe the guy was lying and the others were telling the truth?" F/N shot back, sipping her cup of chocolate milk. "Sure, my brother has a connection to me, but that doesn't mean he's telling the truth."

You sighed. "I guess you're right..."

F/N smirked, popping the last bit if her brownie into her mouth. "I'm always right, my dear Y/N," She teased, passing you another brownie piece. "Who is this guy anyway?"

You looked up from fiddling with your jacket sleeve and answered, "Oh, just a friend."

F/N looked up abruptly from the face mask instructions, and you suddenly realised the light tone you had taken as she smirked, rolling over onto her stomach and propping her face on her hands, staring at you smugly.

"Just a friend, huh?" F/N commented, and you mentally face palmed, knowing she was about to play the role of Cupid. "How would you describe his personality?"

"Oh, easy!" You declared. "He's pretty stubborn, and can come off as prickly when you first meet him, but he's actually quite a sweetheart, cares for those close to him, isn't afraid to tell you the truth, tries his hardest to protect you from danger even if it's a bit smothering--"

"Alright, alright!" F/N interrupted, passing you a face mask packet. "Now, his appearance?"

"Uh..." Your mind scrambled like eggs as it tried to think of Foxy as a human. "He has smooth, soft looking dyed white hair with some pink tips, nice figure. Trust me, I'd love to run my fingers through it. he always wears a red bow tie. Oh, and his eyes are a natural yellow, but not a piss yellow. Think of the soft glow of a firefly jar, or a lightning bolt. They're really east to get lost in, especially when you notice the small brown dots."

While you were describing "Foxy" you did feel yourself grow warm and giddy, and your shoulder slumped and you wished Foxy was a human.

When you finished up, F/N was giving you "the eyes" as she snickered and pointed at you.

"Y/N L/N, I officially pronounce you in love!"

*~*

Circus Baby crawled through the vent, expecting Foxy to try and attack her when she got out, but was pleasantly surprised to see the animatronic fox sitting dejectedly in the corner, twitching as small electric currents shifted over the dirty white paint. As Baby came out, Foxy's head snapped over, ears perked with hope.

"Y/N-- oh." Foxy's tail fell as quickly as it had started wagging, addressing Baby with a cold tone. "What do you want, Circus Baby?"

Baby's eyes scanned the room until she found Y/N's bag of things on the floor, bending down and picking it up. To Foxy, she simply stated.

"They won't be needing this when they come back, they'll be in too much of a rush to help with the plan."

Foxy's face plates twitched with fury as he stood up, staggering towards Baby. "And what if I don't let you?" He snarled.

Baby just laughed softly. "You'll be too damaged to even move from the amount of shocks you're about to receive."

Baby watched with amusement as Foxy's head turned slowly towards the glass panel. Ballora was watching patiently, waiting for Baby to give the signal.

Baby nodded. Ballora smiled coldly.

"Go ahead, I'll be out to watch the fun soon."

I know said this would be a slow burn but I was getting impatient, if I ever decide to rewrite this I'll make it slower. Also, a warning ahead of time, I'm probably not going to update next weekend :(( the draft is half done, but school's taking up my time and motivation. The book won't be going on hiatus, just miss an update or two every now and then. Thank you all so much for 3K reads and over 100 votes, it really does mean a lot <3