ᴇɴᴛʀʏ ɴɪɴᴇ

𝗯𝗿𝗼𝗸𝗲𝗻 𝘄𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿
𝗷𝘂𝗹𝘆 𝟭𝟮, 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟱

billie was currently fast asleep, laying on her side with a hand placed on my nine month big belly.

i've seen her sleep a thousand times before, but i don't think i'll ever get over how angelic she looks. the only time she was this at peace, was when she was writing songs or talking to our daughter.

a part of me thought she was a little nutty for doing so, but a larger part of me thought it was incredibly cute.

fortunately for her, she was a naturally pretty person, automatically making her a naturally pretty sleeper.

as she naps, i continue to bask in her overwhelming beauty.

there was no doubt, she was perfect.

so perfect in fact, i was almost envious.

almost.

i mean, who wouldn't be?

no matter how many times she'd argue that i was beautiful, i'd always refute and tell her she was ethereal.

to the day i die, i'll advocate for billie supremacy.

my eyes leisurely trace over some of her admirable features. one of my favorites, were her latent freckles. although they weren't as prominent as mine, i found them  just as mesmerizing.

the longer i stared at her, the more i realized how madly in love with her i was.

the phrase, 'head over heels' was just a sliver of what i felt for her.

a sudden knock at our front door made her nose twitch.

another series of knocks followed the first one.

her blonde eyelashes fluttered open at the disturbance.

billie flashed me a small smile before beginning to sit up, obviously still stuck in a slight daze.

she mumbled incoherently, probably wondering who could possibly be at our door.

yawning, she got up to see for herself, not bothering to put on something else besides her boxers.

less than a minute goes by before i hear the sound of her feet running back to the bedroom with a large, excited grin on her face.

she hurriedly puts on pants and i barely get a chance to ask who it is.

billie stops at the briefly doorway and says, "it's claudia." then runs to open the door.

just as her hand reaches for the knob and she curses under her breath, remembering something. "shit,"

swiftly, she returns back to me and carefully helps me get off the bed to join her.

the size of my stomach often handicapped me from doing simple tasks like sitting up. luckily, billie was always there to assist.

i quickly thank her and we make our way to the door.

immediately billie swings it open, revealing her charming sister-in-law.

"surprise!" claudia beams with a notorious, pearly white smile.

the two of them go in for a hug and i can see years worth of memories rekindle.

when billie flies out to visit finneas' grave, they sometimes accompany one another, but billie never stays in LA for long.

"too many bad reminders." she'd tell me.