ᴇɴᴛʀʏ sɪx

𝗶𝗻 𝘀𝗶𝗰𝗸𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘀
𝗺𝗮𝘆 𝟲, 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟰

"you ready?" billie asked nasally with her hand on the front door knob, before sneezing three consecutive times.

her nose was obviously stuffed and nearly leaking. her eyes were watery and slightly irritated.

"billie, you're sick we're not going."

she groaned dramatically, "baby, it's only a cold. i'll be fine."

i shook my head, disapprovingly.

her hand dropped from the door knob and she whined, "i wanna take you out though."

"i love you, i really do, but you look terrible. you're in no condition to go out."

her face fell, clearly disappointed and she sighed. opening my arms out for her, she took the invitation and hugged me as she rested her chin on my shoulder.

"another time, okay?" i promised, soothingly rubbing her back in circles.

billie had been planning a brunch date for some time now and something always seemed to get in the way. it was either the weather, sudden renovations to the establishment or one of us was busy with work.

i noticed the early signs of her cold yesterday and she did too. not wanting to spoil her excitement, i figured i'd ignore it and hope it wouldn't turn into anything too serious.

i was wrong.

on the upside, now i had an excuse to take care of and baby her.

chances are, she'll deny the help at first, but will later allow herself to completely become submissive and enjoy all the attention she'll receive.

"stay here, lay down, i'm gonna go get your favorite soup and some other stuff to help you get better."

billie hummed and peeled away from my body, lazily returning back to the bedroom.

after a quick trip to the store, i came back with a homemade care package i put together in my car. i ended up buying two boxes of tissues, cough drops, a can of rosarita refried beans, tomato soup, a value size of vitamins, a vanilla scented candle and saltine crackers.

also, a small handwritten note. in broad terms, it just told her how much i loved her and hoped she'd feel better soon.

with the basket in my hand, i open the bedroom door to find her... crocheting to lil baby?

the music is blaring loudly, so she doesn't  notice or hear me at first.

when i set the basket down and shout her name, she looks up, the crochet hooks in her hands still moving hastily.

"what're you doing, eilish?" i tease.

grinning, she shrugs and says sarcastically, "summersalting across the moon, duh." before holding up the blue yarn connected to the hooks, so i could see.

it was a snowflake.

although the winter months were over.

"you're too cute," i mumble, holding back a smile as i took a seat next to her on the bed.

"...and hot and sexy and dreamy and extremely talented, right?"

seconds away from protesting, i decide to feed her ego once more. "of course."

she is sick after all.

billie smirks and leans in to kiss me.

i pause right before our lips touch. "no way i'm swapping spit with an infectious woman. not only is that gross, but it's also gay."