ᴇɴᴛʀʏ ғᴏᴜʀ

𝘄𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗼𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗿𝗹𝗮𝗻𝗱
𝗱𝗲𝗰𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝟮𝟮, 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟯

the weather outside our rented winter cabin was freezing. large amounts of fluffy snow fell from the sky and coated everything in sight.

luckily, billie and i were as cozy as ever; a cup of hot chocolate in front of us on the coffee table.

billie's of course, had replacement oat milk instead of cow's milk.

the two us sat on the couch, in cheesy matching christmas pajamas. she was facing me with her knees up to her chest, rambling about who knows what.

i, on the other hand, was my own world, reading harry potter and the sorcerer's stone.

fuck j.k. rowling, but her books are damn good.

"...and i thought about, and i was like, holy shit! y'know?" billie gestured wildly with her hands.

i nodded mindlessly, agreeing with her as i flipped the page, incredibly invested in the story line.

nonetheless, in my peripheral vision, i observed the way billie curled her hair behind her ear, continuing to talk me to death.

a small smile tugged at the corner of my lips.

pretty early on in our relationship, i noticed whenever she got comfortable, either in a new environment, around certain people or even in conversations, she'd subconsciously tuck her hair behind her ear.

little details like that were the ones i loved the most about her.

i always thought she looked cuter with one of her ears showing, but she never hesitated to counter my opinion by claiming it made her look "soft".

i also know, on rare occasions, she'd tic when she was nervous. i knew it was specifically triggered by anxiety because she never knew what to do with her hands when she was nervous. it was equal parts awkward and adorable to watch.

seeing her put her guard down was admirable.

beginning to finish up the chapter i was on, billie positioned herself to lay down with her head in my lap.

she stopped talking suddenly and started to watch my eyes trace over the pages intently.

"are you even listening to me?" she groaned dramatically.

i hummed, reading the last word.

"madeylnnn," billie whined. "i can't go more than fifteen waking minutes without attention or i'll self destruct."

her comment made me laugh softly and ultimately put down my book.

"don't laugh, i'm serious!" she tried to hold back grin.

"sure you are..." i let my fingers play aimlessly in her hair that was sprawled out in my lap.

"i'm deadass... now gimme a kiss." she pouted her lips out and raised her head up a bit.

i leaned down, meeting her in the middle and pecked her lips.

billie lingered on, longer than she should have, smirking into the kiss.

"was i talking too much?" she asked.

"little bit," i give her another peck.

"aight, then shut me up."

i smile a little wider at her predictable attempt to get me in her pants.

"i love you, but good try." i pick up my book and resume reading.