ᴇɴᴛʀʏ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

𝙪𝙣𝙚𝙭𝙥𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙚𝙭𝙥𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙮
𝗻𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝟯𝟬, 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟰

it was mid afternoon and the air outside was crisp, but the sun still shined as bright as ever.

billie and i decided to travel about twenty minutes outside the city to visit an apple orchard.

although, thanksgiving had already passed, she wanted to attempt to make a homemade apple pie.

it's safe to say, we've been doing a lot of baking recently.

especially since we moved into our new house.

despite the fact that it's only been a week and a half, we've already made brownies, two batches of cookies, chocolate cake and cinnamon rolls.

standing on her tippy toes, billie extended her hand to pick an apple off a tree, then turned to me to place it in the basket.

"after this, we gotta make blueberry muffins... no wait, chocolate chip--" she paused again, her entire face lighting up with excitment. "nah, fuck allll of that... banana bread."

before i could tell her she may be addicted to baking, the wind blew lightly, making me shiver.

continuing to talk, billie reached up and pulled down the sides of my beanie to cover my ears.

i smiled whole-heartedly and she couldn't help but do the same.

"i can't tell if you're blushing or just really cold." billie chuckled softly before cupping my pink cheek and leaning in to press her lips against mine.

"both." i mumbled in the middle of our kiss.

when we pull away, i watch as she licks her lips, complimenting my cherry-flavored lip balm.

"stop eating my chapstick, you goof." i joke.

billie shrugs, "i used to eat crayons when i was like four, i'll be fine."

i stare at her in awe for a moment. "i love you and i mean this in the best way possible, but you are the definition of home schooled."

"yeah, yeah. shut up and let's get outta here before you catch a cold."

she slung her arm around my shoulders and kissed my temple, then offered to carry the basket.

we took our time, made our way back to pay then headed home.

when billie opened the front doors, shark, per usual, greeted us energetically.

he barked and yelped and jumped and made an effort to lick her face.

scratching behind his ear, billie laughed gently, "dude, i wish you could speak."

"i know there's some weird shit going on up there," she pats the top of his head cutely.

"maybe you're a genius just like your mama," billie glances over at me with a small grin spread across her lips.

shark sneezes then proceeds to chase his tail.

"...never mind."

as i take off my jacket and shoes, she sets the basket down and hops on the kitchen island.

"i can't believe we're home owners-- i say we celebrate." quickly sizing me up, she grabs the neck of a bottle of red wine, sitting next to her.

opening it up, she mumbles more so to herself than me, "can't wait to rail you on every surface in this house too."