ᴇɴᴛʀʏ ᴏɴᴇ

𝗻𝗲𝘄 𝗯𝗲𝗴𝗶𝗻𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀
𝗺𝗮𝘆 𝟭𝟲, 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟯

straddling billie's lap on the couch, she held my face in her hands and aggressively peppered kisses all over my face as i giggled wildly.

my cheeks blushed red and i begged her to stop, even though i loved the attention.

she gave in and left a final kiss on my nose. "i love you."

i leaned in and gently pressed my lips on her nose, just as she had done to me. "i love you too."

billie grinned from ear to ear and it looked like she was seconds away from exploding out of adoration.

her arms wrapped around my back and she brought me into a warm embrace. holding her tighter, i nuzzled my head into the crook of her neck while she slips her hand under my (her) hoodie.

i feel her fingers lightly trace random shapes on my skin and she even writes her name in cursive.

i'm only twenty-one, sitting in a luxury apartment in one of the most beautiful cities in the world with the love of my life.

if i knew life could be this perfect, i would never have doubted the universe's decisions.

we've been in portland for two years and somehow everything worked out.

both of our dads ended up giving us loans to start off and it didn't take us much time to pay them back.

billie dropped out of college and pursue music. she got signed incredibly quickly and has been steadily making her way up the charts. connections from her modeling career was one of the main reasons for this.

she got discovered when she made an appearance in a magazine. they originally wanted her for her looks, but once they found out she could sing, write, and play instruments, they went crazy.

although she averts most of her attention to her music, she still models because it pays well and in her own words, "boosts my giant ass ego."

i, on the other hand, switched to online classes and am currently studying marketing.

it sounds boring to most, but i actually really enjoy to the business aspect to it.

billie teases me for being a nerd sometimes but never fails to add, "as long as it makes you happy, do whatever the fuck you want and i'll be there to support you."

"even if i wanna be a stripper?" i asked once.

her rebuttal was, "do i get free private shows?"

"duh, of course."

"aight bet, shake some ass."

when i felt billie carefully grab my left hand, i sat up.

she lifted it up and kissed my knuckles. her lips grazed over the promise ring and the newly added wedding ring.

long story.

but in short, she proposed out of nowhere and claimed that it was an "in the moment feeling".

apparently she bought the ring a few months after we moved and wanted to wait until the perfect time came.

after she proposed, we eloped almost immediately.

"young love." maggie had called it with a genuine smile on her face.

billie mentioned one day that she wished finneas was there to his little sister get married.

i know she still misses him more than anything, but she manages to fly back to california and visit his grave every month.

she says she usually catches him up on things going on in her life, reminisces about their childhood then tells him she loves him.

but her mended relationship with her deceased brother is a different story.

"madi," billie eyes flit upwards and look into my own.

i lean down and peck her lips, "yes, baby?"

"don't you think it's pretty lonely in here?"

i scoff and laugh a little at her question, "no, i have you."

"yeah i know but..." she pauses and i assume she's trying to figure out how to phrase her question.

"what're are you suggesting?" i ask hesitantly.

she, on the other hand, doesn't waste anymore time and suddenly blurts, "we should have a baby."

obviously thinking she's joking, i reply, "bet-- put one in me."

billie raises her eyebrows at my response then smirks. "trust me, if i had a dick we'd be john and kate plus eight by now."

she shakes her head, regaining focus. "i'm serious though."

"i love you, but I'm not ready to push a seven pound infant out of my vagina and i don't think you're ready to take care of one with me. we're only twenty-one, billie."

"yeah but i'm like, super rich now. i have the facilities to take care of all eight kids, if not, more." she looks up at me with a big stupid grin.

"when we were eighteen, you said we were too young to pack our shit and go to oregon... look at us now. nothing is impossible." billie continues.

i didn't want to, but i knew I had to pull out the big guns so she'd understand how insane she sounds. "you know how hard it is to have sex when you have a kid, right?"

her face whitens, even more than it originally was.

"shit." is all she says.

billie then groans and throws her head back on the couch.

when she lifts it back up, she puts both of her hands in the air, showing her palms.

"having a baby with the one person i love more than my car..." she raises her left hand. "or have hot sex all night with the one person i love more than my car?" her right hand raises itself higher.

she frowns, "sorry future mini-me, sex wins." billie sighs before adding, "for now..."

sad to see her disappointed, i decide to offer a different idea.

"how about a compromise? something i don't have to push out, but we can both take care of."

"i'm listening."

somehow we ended up at the local adoption center after that short conversation.