18|EPILOGUE

He had never been so nervous

He had never been so nervous. He had been in agony for the past six months and not because of withdrawal. As soon as he got out of rehab, he cut ties with his family, specifically with his father.

Christopher had knocked on the door at least five times but it was still closed. His fist rose up once again but it didn't collide with the door. "Does a Miss Jackson reside here?" He smirked.

"I don't know a Miss Jackson, sorry. I know a Miss Phoenix though."

Christopher smashed his lips onto hers and wiped away her smirk. She sunk into him and allowed him to embrace her. Her hands tangled in his hair, his hands gripped her waist. She craved his scent, his warmth, his touch, his lips.

Six months was too long for the both of them.

"Jump for me, Courtney," he growled in her ear and she obeyed. Her legs wrapped around his waist and his hands gripped her bum through her shorts.

Christopher let himself inside, closed the door and navigated himself around the unfamiliar surroundings to the familiar setting of a bedroom.

"How did you know?" She broke away from the kiss when he sat down on the edge of the bed, her lips were swollen. Courtney's palm reached underneath his white shirt and pulled it off.

"The first time we got together," Christopher discarded her top and she kissed his neck. "You talked about," he paused to release a breathy moan when she found his soft spot, "Waikiki beach." He flipped Courtney underneath him and pinned her arms above. "You've never talked about anywhere else. You barely even talked about here."

Christopher ground his hips into her core and Courtney arched her back.  "We can talk about this later. For now, I just want to drown in you," he whispered. His hand unbuttoned her shorts and cupped her warmth over her panties.

"Okay, but will you release my arms? I want to touch you, please," she whined. Her doe eyes bored into his. He let go of her arms and pulled down her shorts, leaving her in her underwear.

Christopher sat back between her legs and admired her. "You're so beautiful, Courtney," his hands trailed up her silky, smooth legs, over her abdomen, between her breasts, up her neck and he cupped her cheek.

"I love your mind," he placed a kiss on her temple.

"I love your body," his hand slipped under her panties and he covered his fingers in her sticky juices. His mouth sucked on her neck and it was sure to leave a mark.

"But most importantly," his fingers found their way inside and Courtney gasped. "Courtney, I love you."

He finally said the words that he desperately wanted to say over six months ago. It felt more appropriate to say it now since he thought that she had a near-death experience.

The words ignited inside of her, not only because he loved her but because she knew by those words that he was better. He was healthy again.

Courtney's nails scratched up and down his back, ending up with her arms hooking around his neck to bring his face closer to hers with a smile. "I love you too, Christopher."