₵Ⱨ₳₱₮ɆⱤ 14

En başından başla

     You flopped down on the soft couch, feeling it bounce under your weight. 

     "What time is it?" You sighed, not wanting to look for yourself. Vincent took a seat next to you. 

     "Probably around 7:30," He muttered, leaning his head back on the seat and letting out a deep breath. 

     A single bead of sweat dripped down his neck, and his hair was ruffled and messy. His eyes were closed in relief. 

     For a second, you caught yourself staring. That's kind of hot. You thought, taking the opportunity to admire his face. Huh, he has a nice jawline. 

     "What are you doing...?" You reeled back in surprise. Vincent hadn't moved, but he was now looking at you and smirking, his eyebrows furrowed. You flushed at his expression. Shit. He caught me off guard. 

     "Making dinner!" You covered, bouncing out of your seat. You didn't spare him another glance, the kitchen being your only focus. 

     "Dinner...?" 

     You nodded and made your way to the fridge before opening it. Other than some basics such as eggs and milk, there wasn't much inside. 

     "Hmm..." You soon saw a pantry and perked up. 

     Vincent approached and sat in a barstool on the other side of the counter. 

     "What do you expect to make?" He asked, but you could barely hear him as you were digging through his food. 

     "Nothing, at this rate." You groaned angrily before making stern eye contact with him. "Fucking seriously? Do you eat nothing but ramen noodles and canned peaches?" 

     Vincent smirked at you. 

     Of course he eats nothing but ramen noodles and canned peaches. 

     "Ugh, I'm gonna have to fix this," You muttered, facepalming. 

     Afton spoke up. 

     "Is this going to be one of those tropes where the girl meets a guy who lives in shit and makes him become healthy?" He asked, rolling his eyes. "Because, if so, I don't want your help." 

     You looked at him with a quizzical expression. 

     "Absolutely not. Or, um... not yet. Just give me a minute."

     You fished around in your pocket for a moment, then pulled out your cell phone. You dialed the number quickly and held the phone to your ear.

     Vincent asked, quietly, what you were doing. You told him you were ordering a pizza. By the time the call finished, Afton looked very disappointed in your means of sustainment.

   The man across from you sighed as you hung up. You sat next to him with a cheeky grin on your face. 

     "So... dinner is on its way." You drew out, crossing your arms over the counter. 

     Vincent pinched the bridge of his nose between his thumb and index finger. 

     "Christ, you get on my nerves, love." He muttered. But there was a hint of a smile in his expression.

     You let the pizza box slide carefully off of your palm onto the coffee table. 

     "Hot," You mumbled under your breath. 

     Vincent sat on the couch, leaned forward and alert. 

     "So, you've just decided that we're going to eat in the living room?" 

     You plopped down on the couch next to him and reached forward to open the pizza box. 

     "I mean, yeah. The TV's out here, so..." You trailed off. Vincent chuckled. 

     "You seriously live like this?" 

     You crossed your arms angrily, a bit insulted. 

     "It won't be like this forever!" You defended. "It's only the first day. Anyway, sorry I fucked up your perfect life, ramen-eating jackass." 

     Quickly, you abandoned your spot on the couch, getting up in search of the remote. 

     "You know, you can't exactly talk to me like that, love." You heard from across the room. "Have you forgotten that I'm your boss?" 

     "I'm pretty sure you sufficiently reminded me earlier. You know, right before you made fun of me for being homeless," You shot back, sticking your tongue out at the angered man. 

     "Anyway, do you have any video games?" 

     Vincent scoffed. 

     "No," He replied, slightly amused now. 

     Seriously? You thought. 

     "God damn, your life is boring. It's a good thing I brought my Switch." You smiled and skipped past the couch to dig through a box which sat behind it. 

     "No... not that... hmm..." Your new roommate watched you with interest as you ripped belongings carelessly from the box. 

     "Yes! Here it is," You exlaimed happily before coming back over to the television. 

     "I just have to hook this up somehow..." You mumbled, trying to figure out where exactly the charger connected. The tangle of cords was like a maze in a way, infuriating and hard to navigate. 

     I've done this before... I know that the ends of the connector cord are red, so I should plug it into a red outlet. The question is, is there even a red outlet available? There should be, considering not much else is hooked up. Damn, not even surround sound? Vincent is so lame, god. Oh, here it is! 

     You plugged in the switch and set the console in its charger until you heard it click. You then disconnected the little side remotes. 

     Vincent sighed as you sat back next to him. 

     "Are you going to force me to place video games with you...?" He asked, clearly dreading the inevitable answer. 

     You handed him the red remote. 

     "Yes. Have you ever played Smash?" 

     He made eye contact with you, and you nodded. 

     "Right, right... Of course you haven't... Well, I'll teach you!" 

     You smiled. Vincent groaned.

( If y'all don't fucking BEHAVE in my comment section... SUPER SMASH BROS. THE NINTENDO GAME. PLEASE. PLEASE GIVE ME A BREAK. )