₵Ⱨ₳₱₮ɆⱤ 8

You sat nervously at a bright-tablecloth-adorned table and tapped your finger on its surface. A small bead of sweat dripped slowly down your forehead despite the room's air conditioning. 

     Not getting this job means not getting to live in a house anymore. You thought. And I kind of need a house to live. Shit. 

     You looked around Freddy's for an (unexpected) third time this week. 

     The old kid's attraction wasn't really helping your case. It put you on edge; that's why you were so anxious for Vincent to show up. Dim morning rays filtered tenderly through the glass doors nearby, and you stared at them before sighing. 

     It was so odd to see the restaurant empty. It felt wrong to you in a way; all of the once-full tables now ghostly and abandoned, cold without the touch of an excited child or a laughing couple.

     You were sure, though, that the one most off-putting things about the hollow restaurant was the main stage. It was dead silent, and yet the animatronics remained. They stood still as stones, eyes unlit, bodies un-swiveling. A chill ran down your back. 

     Suddenly, the door opened, and in walked Vincent. 

     He wore the same purple attire you'd only ever seen him in; it was the first and most recognizable thing you noticed. The tall man caught your eye and walked confidently over to the table you were sitting at. 

     "So, Y/N... Are you nervous?" He asked as he took a seat. You looked up at him. 

     "No. I'm not nervous at all. In fact, I'm super excited to maybe miss the biggest oppurtunity I've ever gotten in my life." Vincent sighed. 

     "A simple "yes" would have been fine, but alright." You frowned. 

     He crossed his arms over the table and made eye contact with you. 

     "There's no reason to be nervous; I'm sure you'll be hired." You set your elbows on the tablecloth and rolled your eyes.

     "How do you know Henry'll like me? You can't promise stuff like that." Your head turned away from him. 

     "Oh, but I can, love." 

     "How can you be so sur-" 

     Two cold fingers were felt upon your right cheek. Vincent turned your head back toward him across the table. You tensed, and your eyes widened. 

     "A desperate company isn't going to pass up an opportunity as good as you coming to work for them." He emphasized the word. His fingers had never left your face; his index and middle finger rested under your chin, his thumb placed gently over your lips. 

     He leaned in until you could feel his warm breath on your ear. 

     "Especially not when you look so good in that uniform." 

     You shivered as he pulled away and leaned back in his seat. The absence of his fingers was surprisingly colder than them, themself. Your hand trailed gently up to your face where he had touched you, and you blushed. 

     Holy shit- HOLY SHIT, THAT WAS... DAMN.

     You tried to push out the panicked thoughts. Evidently, Vincent had noticed your flustered expression, and he chuckled. 

     "Think you're ready for that interview now?" He asked. You looked nervously into his eyes.

     "Yeah," You breathed.

     You stood quietly in Henry's vacated office as the two men talked outside. You couldn't hear what they were saying, but you knew that the interview was soon to begin. 

     You refrained from biting your nails as you looked around. 

     Henry's office was similar to Vincent's, but it was a bit bigger. There were a couple of blueprints on his desk for new animatronic characters you didn't recognize; you decided not to snoop through those. Otherwise, there was nothing special about the room. It was standard. 

     Suddenly, the door opened. Henry walked in. 

     "Hello, Y/N." He smiled at you. You smiled back. 

     "Hi, Mr. Emily." 

     He closed the door, and you caught sight of Vincent winking at you before it shut. 

     "Henry," he corrected before sitting at his desk. You sat on one of the cushioned chairs in front of it. 

     "So," the tall man started. You folded your hands carefully in your lap. "What exactly are you looking to do here at Freddy's? We have... electrical, waitressing, assistant positions. Pick your poison." A light chuckle escaped your lips. 

     I never thought about what I wanted to do. I was just trying to save myself from getting evicted.

     "Hmm..." You sighed, thinking about it. Not waitressing... and wires sound complex... Assistant? It crossed your mind. You looked up. That was it! You could try to be someone's assistant.

     "Do you think Vincent could use an assistant?" You asked innocently, then muttered: "I could probably pull off a job like that..."

     Damn it. Should've spoken clearer. 

     Henry nodded. He leaned back in his seat a little before surveying you. 

     "That could work. Though, I'll be honest, everyone here ends up helping out somewhere else every now and then. We've had electrical doing waiting on busy nights." 

     You dipped your head. That was fine. 

     "I could use the experience," You told him with a smile. 

     He returned the gesture before pushing out his chair and standing up. 

     "Alright, Y/N, I'm going to be honest with you." You swallowed dryly. "We have a shortage of employees here at Freddy's." 

     You looked nervously up at Henry as he drew closer to you. He stopped near your chair. 

     "That means you can probably work here." 

     A light smile started to appear on your face. Was it that easy? You hoped that was it; it seemed impossible, but a lot of things this week had seemed impossible. 

     Mr. Emily continued talking. 

     "But first-" 

     He strolled back over to his desk. You peeked over at what the man was doing; he pulled open one of the drawers before finding a small paper packet. He hastily swept his blueprints out of the way and set it down. 

     You watched as two fingers slid it toward you. 

     "Am I supposed to look at this?" You asked, getting up to check it out. 

     Just as you approached, Henry snatched it away. 

     "Wait!" He started as you looked up at him in confusion. 

     "Do you kill people?" 

     "No?" 

     "Drugs?" 

     "No-" 

     "Sexually assault your employees?" 

     "No!" 

     "Perfect. Read this, fill it out, and you're hired." He slapped the files back onto the polished wood. 

     "Really?" You asked. 

     "Really." 

     You nodded and carefully grabbed a pen out of his little container. A small click was heard, and with a satisfied smile, you leaned forward.

   That was easier than I thought it'd be.