₵Ⱨ₳₱₮ɆⱤ 26

You sighed, shoving your heavy couch into place as a bead of sweat dripped off your forehead. It was a lot harder to move in when there was nobody to help you. 

     You groaned before getting up to lean against the kitchen counter. 

     Damn, that was tiring. 

     You glanced around, admiring your work. It wasn't exactly perfect, but at least you had managed to set most stuff up. 

     You soon decided it sounded best to take a shower, so that's what you went to do. 

     First shower in the new house, woo woo. 

     You enjoyed the warmth of the water on your skin as you leaned your head back to get your hair wet. 

     It had been quite a long day - you had to do everything yourself. 

     You could have called Nicole or Kai to help out, but you didn't want to interrupt their weekend. They were probably busy at the restaurant or just doing other things. 

     You sighed, listening the the rapid beat of water on the shower floor. 

     Suddenly, you noticed an artificial light's gleam peeking around the side of the shower curtain. You glanced over at the little distraction. 

     Oh. You remembered grimly. Right. 

     You hadn't known where to put your newly-owned dagger when you brought it in the house, so you had left it laying on your bathroom counter. You must have forgotten it was there, which only made the sudden spring of memories worse. 

     Despite how tiring moving in had been, you had enjoyed it because it was distracting you from your unpleasant thoughts. But now you were all alone with them, like they had cornered you.

     You remembered what had happened the day after that fateful night. You were putting your boxes in your car. You had ended up moving out in a much less frantic manner than you had originally expected, which surprised you a bit. 

     You closed your car door, eager to get out of Vincent's house. It wasn't that you disliked it there, it was just that, after that night, it didn't feel safe to you anymore. It suddenly held trauma you didn't realize had developed until it was too late. 

     You approached the door, and suddenly, it creaked open. 

     "Almost ready to leave?" Vincent asked. You nodded. 

     "I just need to get one more box up from my room." 

     He dipped his head, and you quickly ran up the stairs to get it. 

     The box contained all of your makeup - you didn't know how it had ended up being the last thing you grabbed, but rolled with it anyway. 

     Upon return from upstairs, you noticed Vincent studying something in his hands. It was the dagger. 

     "Oh," You mumbled, not intending to say much else. 

     An involuntary grimace appeared on your face. You still loved the lightweight knife, but the memories it held disturbed you. You decided to ignore them. 

     "Aren't you forgetting this?" Vincent asked delicately. 

     You tilted your head. 

     "I can keep it?" 

     "If you'd like." 

     You didn't exactly want to, but it felt so important to you. You felt obligated to take it - you knew you'd be thinking about it otherwise.