₵Ⱨ₳₱₮ɆⱤ 10

You dodged a screaming child and backed yourself quickly against an arcade machine. This was the third time today. 

     What- do they just not see me? Last time I checked I wasn't Harry-fucking-Potter. This shit is a purple uniform, not a damn invisibility cloak! 

     You took a breath and stepped away from the machine. 

     This was your 4th day on the job. You were starting to settle in, but the pressing issue that you were sure you'd never get used to was the children. Screaming children. Never giving you a break. Pecking into your soul. 

     At least you were seeing some steady income. 

     Suddenly, you saw Nicole approaching you from across the room. 

     "Hey, Y/N!" She smiled. 

     "Hi, Nicole." 

     "What are you up to?" The girl asked before folding her arms. You replied: 

     "Vincent sent me out here to check up on things, I guess. I think he was tired of me being in his office." Nicole laughed. 

     "I doubt that. He likes you." 

     "How do you figure?" 

     "Well, you're the only employee I've ever seen who he doesn't scare away with toilet duty on the first week." You chuckled. 

     "Really? How flattering." 

     You soon felt someone approach. 

     "Hey, Nicole. Who's this?" 

     You looked up to see a guy maybe around 5'10 standing a little too close to the brunette next to you. He wore the same purple uniform that you'd grown used to seeing; his nameplate read "Anthony". 

     Glancing at Nicole, you realized that she looked more distasteful than you had ever seen her. It surprised you. 

     "This is Y/N." She said in a voice so monotone you wouldn't have known it was her. 

     Anthony leaned in to look at you and you pulled away from him. His dark brown hair fell in front of his eyes as he smiled, then drew back and assumed a casual position. 

     "Well, now I have two beauties to work with." He then winked at you and chuckled before saying: "Catch you later, girls." And strutted away. 

     You and Nicole looked at each other, and you were about to speak, but she cut you off. 

     "I hate that guy!" She hissed. You were taken aback by her tone. Nicole had been extremely sweet to you, so it surprised you that she could be anything but. 

     She clenched her fists and went on. 

     "He's such a dick! He thinks that all of the girls are into him and that he's some hotshot! And, of course the douchebag takes interest in me! He flirts with me every day!" You awkwardly placed a hand on her shoulder to calm her down. 

     "Why haven't I seen him before?" You asked. Nicole looked at you. 

     "He was on break to go to his mom's. Ugh, that was a good-ass week! But now it's over!" You chuckled a bit. 

     "Come on, Nikki, don't be such a cock-block," 

     You shoved her shoulder. She shoved you back with surprising force. 

     "Piss off!" 

     "Shh, the kids'll hear you." 

     The two of you laughed a little before approaching footsteps cut you off. 

     "Y/N, Nicole?" 

     You gasped and straightened up at the voice. Your eyes wandered up to look at Vincent. 

     "Hi, Vincent!" You smiled. A light smirk appeared on his face in return. He then looked at Nicole. 

     "And what are you up to?" He asked. Your friend beamed. 

     "I got a little distracted here with Y/N, but I was gonna go wait on tables." He nodded. 

     "I'd like to borrow her for a second, anyway." Vincent told her. I'm not a sweater, but cool. 

     Nicole nodded and waved a quick goodbye to the two of you before walking away. You turned back to Vincent. 

     "What did you need?" You asked. 

     "There's something I've been meaning to show you," he replied. 

     Your expression lit up. 

     "Don't get too excited. All of the new employees have to see it on their first week." You crossed your arms before the man signaled for you to follow him. 

     The two of you began to walk through the loud arcade, and you looked cautiously around to make sure no kid was going to barrel into you. It seemed like that was always happening, and yet you had only been here for four days. It only reminded you of how much you despised all of them.

     Luckily, though, the coast was clear for now, and you and Vincent made it to the back hallway.

     The colorful room became much less deafening as you left it behind; it's cacophony quickly faded to a hum. 

     Vincent took this chance to speak up. 

     "As you know, Henry designed all of the animatronics, but there was some trial and error beforehand." He glanced at your confused expression before continuing. "Obviously, there was the initial working out blueprints and all of the preparations you'd have to do before developing something so advanced; not everyone begins as an expert." 

     The two of you passed Henry and Vincent's offices. Where is he going with this? You thought as he kept up the pace. 

     "There was another restaurant before this one, you know. It was called Fredbear's Family Diner; there were only two animatronic characters, much before the 4 you know now." 

     You were intrigued. There was another restaurant? It sounded familiar; you may have heard of it in your youth, but you didn't remember much of your childhood. 

     "Their internal parts were much different. You see, they were designed so that they could work on their own as well as with a person inside. In order for someone to get in, these dangerous little things called springlocks would hold the metal interior tight to the sides so the wearer wouldn't be crushed." 

     You nodded along. Suddenly, Vincent stopped. You were right by the staff room, but he didn't seem to be paying much attention to the door by your right. Instead, he pushed his way into the storage room, which was right in front of you. 

     You tilted you head in confusion, but followed him anyways. 

     As you closed the door behind you, a light was flicked on. It illuminated the room with a dusty glow.

     You hadn't been in here yet; now that you thought about it, Nicole had been offering to get stuff out of storage for you when you needed it. Now you were suspicious. 

     All that you could see was an old metal maintenance shelf, some boxes, and some cleaning supplies. 

     But Vincent took your hand and lead you carefully past the metal of a shelf apparatus. On the other side, there was a closet. 

     "Springlocks are activated by water, but if you move too much in the suit, that's it for you. You'd be gone in painful seconds." He still had your hand, and used that advantage to pull you closer to him. "Do you understand?" He lowered his voice. 

     "It's dangerous." 

     You nodded vigorously, eager to be free of his warm breath on your face. It scared you a little bit when he was being serious; most of the time he was being a sarcastic prick or flirting with you.

     Anyway, by now, you thought you knew what to expect. Vincent dropped your hand and took a step forward before opening the old closet in front of him. 

     Its doors creaked open, and you held your breath.