Chapter 84

Warning: this chapter is basically smut, so feel free to skip it if you don't like reading that kind of stuff as nothing super vital to the plot happens

"I can't believe you didn't defend me," Sherlock said as Lydia poured the tea into two cups, handing one to Sherlock.

"That's because she had a point, I'm a far better tenant than you, despite the fact I barely put any money towards the rent. Though in my defence I'm just sharing a bed, I have no room to pay for."

"Mm, but why should I have to pay for our room?"

"It's your room, Sherlock, I'm just staying there until you finally kick me out."

"I would never kick you out," Sherlock assured her, brushing her cheek with his fingers.

Lydia lips broke out in a radiant smile. "I do believe we were in the middle of something when Mrs. Hudson came in, have any interest in continuing?"

"Oh god, yes," Sherlock blurted before he could stop himself. In some attempt to salvage his dignity, he added, "only if you want to, of course."

She took a step closer to him so that their bodies were pressed up against each other and she could feel his heart racing in his chest. "I would want nothing more, but I want to make sure you are ready."

"In truth, I've been wanting to do this for a while, but I don't- I don't have much experience," Sherlock explained, hoping his honesty didn't scare her away. "But seeing you out yourself in the line of fire today, realising how quickly you could be gone from my life, it made me realise that I shouldn't wait, because eventually it will be too late."

"Sherlock, I don't want you to have sex with me just because you're afraid to lose me. If you aren't ready-"

"I want you, Lia," he interrupted, placing his hands on her waist. "I need you, please."

"Then I'm yours," she replied, bringing her lips up to meet his.

This kiss was different than others they had shared. It had the same passion, but this time they both knew what the other wanted and were less hesitant, more confident to take what they wanted. Sherlock lifted her onto the counter to get a better angle to kiss her, his hands traveling down to her thighs which spread to make room for him between her legs.

When Lydia broke away to breathe, Sherlock began trailing down her neck, no doubt leaving marks she would have to conceal the next day. Holding him close to her, Lydia panted, "shall we take this to our bedroom?"

As a response, Sherlock picked her up, bringing his lips back to hers as he carried her down the hallway into the room they shared. Once inside, Lydia pressed him up against the door, hand burying in his hair. She knew that a tug at his curls would elicit one of those delectable moans, a sound that she would be quite content hearing for the rest of her life.

His hands slipped beneath her shirt, grabbing onto the fabric and pulling it over her head. Assured that Sherlock felt comfortable enough to loose the pesky garments separating them, Lydia went to work on the buttons of his shirt, undoing them one by one until Sherlock grew impatient and pulled the shirt over his head, letting it land in a heap on the floor.

Hating the agonisingly slow pace that she was setting, Sherlock scooped her up and placed her on the bed, immediately getting to work on removing her jeans. Soon she was lying there in just her under garments, admiring how Sherlock was taking charge, even despite his limited experience.

Kneeling up on the bed, Lydia found herself at eye level with Sherlock's toned stomach, making it easy to undo his trousers and let them bunch up at his feet. A quick inhale passed through her lips at the sight of the tent in Sherlock's boxers, her tongue passing over her lips subconsciously.