❣37❣

"I think it's wise if we talked," she said and folded her arms across her chest. "What do you think?"

He gulped and said, "Alright!"

She stood erect with her shoulders stiff. With a firm voice, she announced, "I won't deny that I'm attracted to you. It would be foolish to but what makes a difference is how I act towards this attraction. I want us to just be friends that's why I said that the kiss is a mistake".

Keith pursed his lips and nodded. He shut his eyes for a moment and said, "I am also attracted to you. I understand what you are saying. You and I will just be friends. You don't need to worry".

"So you agree with me?" she cocked a brow. "We need to keep it in our minds that we are friends. Friends can hug, um....stay close to each other. For instance, this job we are about to do for Paige, we should do it as friends. We shouldn't let this silly attraction destroy a relationship that could develop into something pleasant".

"Yeah! Let's not allow this childish attraction to ruin our friendship"

In a business-like voice, she said, "Thank you!"

Keith pulled his lips into a thin line as he watched Charissa strode off.

They got into the big mansion and Paige directed them to a room. A tall man with a goatee and bushy brows had his eyes fixed on them as they strolled into the room.

"Are you ready?" He asked, his dark brown eyes boring into their skin.

"Are you the couples?" A woman asked.

"Yes, mom! This is the lovely couple. What do you think?" Paige replied as she skipped into the room.

The chunky woman regarded them. "Cute! They make a good match," she said and moved to Charissa. "My dear, what's your name?"

"Charissa!"

"That's a lovely name. You are such a beautiful woman!" she commented.

"Thanks!"

"Aren't I right, Paige? Look at her blue eyes. I think it's...um..." she squinted her eyes and studied Charissa's face. "It looks like ocean blue".

"It's topaz blue!" Charissa corrected.

"Oh! Wow! You are beautiful, my dear. Thank you for agreeing to help me out. I will treat you well and I'll also pay you a good price," Paige's mother said with a broad grin.

"Thank you!"

"Hello, you're Charissa's boyfriend?" Paige's mother, Mrs Rivers turned her gaze to him.

Keith hesitated. He glanced at Charissa. She shrugged and he proceeded to say "Yes!"

"What's your name, my child?"

"Keith!"

She placed hand on his cheek. "Your green eyes remind me of my husband. He has eyes just like yours!"

"Yeah, mom!" Paige replied with a sarcastic tonr in her voice. "Anyone you see with green eyes always remind you of dad".

She chuckled. "I'm so happy your dad won't be traveling for awhile. I will get to spend time with him".

Paige smiled.

"Nice! A handsome young man and a beautiful lady. Our photos are going to come out great," Mrs Rivers exclaimed.

"You mean to say awesome?" Paige chirped.

"Yes! Awesome! Very awesome!"

"Mom, you will have to pay me for getting such a lovely couple," Paige said and winked.