❣ 8 ❣

****
Hi, I know some people prefer to be a silent readers but could you do me a favor by leaving a comment. Just one is enough! Comments and thoughts on this book matters to me. They give me courage to write. Thanks ❤💙💚💛💜🖤

****

"Ashton, read this" Keith passed his mobile phone to him.

Ashton's eyes moved as he read the information. He rose his head and stared at Keith. "An anonymous message?" he asked him.

"Yep! The person wants to see me"

"Wow!" he stared at the phone screen. "I can't believe that person is even willing to give you thirty billion dollars, Keith! Are you sure that person is not a fraudster?"

Keith shrugged and stood up from a chair. They were in his play room, that was the room he had dedicated to play video games. He was a lover of video games. Ashton and Keith were playing a racing car game when he got the anonymous message. So he decided to tell Ashton.

Keith trod to a window and said, "That person knows a lot about me".

"Yeah! In his message, he spoke about your daddy's company," Ashton replied.

"He also wrote something about proving my innocence. I guess he also knows about the fire incident," Keith turned to Ashton who sat on the floor.

"Well, everyone knows about that. It's on the Internet," Ashton noted.

"No! He suggested helping me prove my innocence to my dad in the message. No one knows about that. That person knows a lot about my family. It's so obvious".

"Geez, dude! That's serious! What should we do?"

There was a brief silence. Keith squinted his eyes and scratched his brow as he thought. He looked at his large plasma screen and exclaimed, "I would have called Lance to track the caller but I won't".

"Why not?" Ashton stood up and walked to him. "Tell Lance! He would figure out the caller".

"I know but it won't be fun" Keith's stern look transformed into a goofy smile.

Ashton cocked a brow and asked, "Fun?"

"You know I love taking risk"

"Yes?"

"You also know that I am inquisitive, right?"

"What are you trying to say?"

"That we should meet that stranger. It would be more fun and exciting" Keith simpered. "Imagine walking down a dark alley in search for a stranger".

"Dude, what if he is a serial killer?"

"Then, we die with a smile on our face" Keith laughed.

Ashton laughed as well but his laughter died down when he noticed Keith was serious.

"Then, I am bringing a gun" Ashton insisted.

"I don't trust you with a gun" Keith squinted his eyes. "Last time, you almost shot me".

"It wasn't my fault. You were the one who frightened me. Like I said before, I hate snakes," Ashton whined. "Don't ever bring them close to me".

"Have you forgotten that you are a son of a wealthy man? You need protection"

"Okay! Whatever you say!" Keith burst into a bout of laughter. "Let's go, bro".

They got to their car and rode to the alley they were to met the strangers. The dark creepy road spooked Ashton. He pressed his gun that hidden under his shirt to his skin. He wanted to be sure it was there.