❣ 25 ❣

Keith and Charissa got to Keith's family house. He parked the car in the garage and they both made their way to the door of the mansion. Before they could get close, the door swung open and Mr Watson stomped out.

"You are two minutes late. I told you to be here at seven o' clock," Mr Watson sneered.

Keith rolled his eyes and hissed, "You should be happy we are here!"

"Who is the we?" his dad glared at Charissa.

"Dad, I invited my friend over!"

"That friend is Mr Quinn's daughter!" he yelled. "How dare you bring her here. Miss, leave my house"

"No, dad! If she isn't coming, then I am leaving!"

His dad's lips drew back in a snarl. Charissa smirked and voiced, "Mr Watson, this is my first time meeting you. How come you know me?"

"Your dad is..."

She cut in, "Your business rival. So how am I involved? If Keith decides to invite me over, how is that related to you?"

"This is meant to be a family dinner. No stranger is allowed" he growled.

"But you know who I am. Am I stranger to you?" she chuckled and crossed her arms. "I am happy to know you don't like me here. My purpose of coming is to frustrate your life. Hello, Mr Watson!"

"Good," he laughed. "I would like Keith's friend to see what I have planned for him"

Keith's expression dulled. His dad's smirk made him tense up and he felt uncomfortable. He could tell his dad was about to do something hurtful. Keith knew that smirk and he hated it.

"Officer," his dad called. "Arrest him! He is the man that committed the act of arson. He burnt my factory and I have solid evidence!"

Terror overtook Keith's face. His mouth dropped as four police officers marched out of the house.

Mr Watson pointed at Keith, "Arrest him now!"

"Keith Watson, you are under arrest!" an officer boomed.

Charissa moved and stood in front of Keith. "When Keith told me you were capable of doing this, I taught he was crazy but I guess I was wrong" she scoffed and glowered at Mr Watson.

"A criminal belongs in a jail!"  he thundered.

"You are right! That's exactly where you belong! You just falsely accused an innocent man! What kind of father does that?" she yelled at him.

"Father?" he groaned.

"Yes! How can a father treat his own son like that?"

"Father? I can't be a father to a criminal. Officer, arrest him"

"Wait!" she stomped her feet.  "What's wrong with you? Where is your conscience? How can you watch them arrest your son?"

Mrs Watson appeared, walking out of the door. She scurried to Mr Watson and gripped his arm. "Please, don't do this to your son!" she begged.

He snatched his arm from her and yelled, "You, crazy woman! That bastard is not my son!"

Both Charissa and Keith's jaws went slack. Charissa recovered quick and snarled, "How can you say that?"

"Because he is not my son!" Mr Watson snapped.

"I can't believe this! So now you want to deny Keith? You want him to be arrested?"

"Yes!" Keith's dad narrowed his eyes at the officers. "What are you waiting for?"

They marched towards Keith and Charissa. Charissa frowned.