❣ 30 ❣

The next day, Charissa got dressed and hopped down the stairs. She was going to the mall to do some shopping. Since she would be working for Zach, she wanted to have the best formal outfits she could get. As she made her way to the dining room, she heard moans. She got curious and strode to its direction.

Charissa walked to the corridor. Her eyes widened when she saw the individual that was producing the moans. Amelia had her arms on Adam's shoulder as he kissed her. She leaned on the wall to support herself and moaned some more.

Charissa rolled her eyes and sneered, "Don't you guys have a room or something? Why do you have to do this here?"

Amelia made distance between her and Adam. She raked her fingers through her tousled hair and licked her lips. "Sorry!" she whispered.

"Yeah! You need to apologize. I don't know why you guys had to curse me with the sight of you disgusting people making out" Charissa snarled and sent an irritated look at them.

"Hey, don't speak to us like that," Adam yelled and stood in front of Amelia as if to protect her from a dangerous witch. It hurt Charissa to know that the man she once loved had a bad image of her in his mind.

She pushed away her hurt expression and replaced it with a disinterested one.

"Adam, calm down...please," Amelia whispered like a frightened bird and held his arm.

"Amelia, you shouldn't allow her to treat you like this," Adam replied and glared at Charissa. "We aren't going to allow her spoil our good mood with her irksome attitude".

"Yeah! Please leave before I puke. I'm so grossed out".

"Charissa, when will you change?" Adam hissed.

"When I want to!" Charissa smirked and flipped her blonde hair off her shoulder.  "I don't want to ever see you guys making out in my house. You can do it outside but not here"

"Charissa, we have..." Adam trailed off when he saw Charissa walk away. "I am still talking, you know".

She rolled her eyes and marched out of the building. She got to her car and an exasperated sigh escaped her lips. She shut her eyes and took in a deep breathe.

My heart has not healed completely, she thought. I need to do something about this.

Her thought went to Keith. What if she puts all her trust on Keith and he betrays her like Adam did? That would leave a deep cut in her heart. Should she really trust him?

"I will just delete Keith's number and end our relationship. I don't trust anyone and I don't trust him. I rather spend my life alone than with a fake friend," she pulled her phone out of her purse and tapped on it. Keith's number popped on her screen and she found herself hesitating to delete it. She bit her bottom lip and looked heavenwards. The sun ray bathed her smooth skin. She glanced at her house, a large building that sat at the middle of  lawn. She saw the garden at the side of the building and dragged her gaze to her phone. She couldn't do it. She didn't want to end her relationship with Keith. All she wanted was to be his friends.

She slid into her car and placed her purse on the passenger's seat. Charissa sat still for a while and picked up her phone. "I need to make some rules," she voiced. "If I'm going to be Keith's friend, I need to make rules that will prevent me from falling for him...I...I have to admit, Keith is a likeable guy".

She quickly installed a mobile diary and sat upright. "First rule...um...No body contact! It will be better if we don't touch each other" she said and typed it down. She stared at her steering wheel and bit her bottom lip. "Second rule, I must not hug Keith. I could fall for him if I do that. I need to be realistic. I am a woman and I have a heart. I can fall for a guy like him," she mumbled and typed it in her phone.