45.

Acceptance.

"Do we have to go, we can always just sleep in, plus I'm still trying to find Corey and Connor." Kyra whined as Robin insisted that he go along with him for the lunch date he was supposedly having with his dad, to Kyra meeting your father in law wasn't exactly a fun thing to do, it could end up in many different scenarios and none of them were good.

"Please baby, I will make you, your favorite smores when we get back." Robin pleaded knowing Kyra was a sucker for smores, Ben popped up in their room just then. "I heard smores." He asserted making Robin laugh. "Hello love, I was begging your best friend to come with me to meet my father, please tell him it's a good idea, please." Robin begged Ben but the witch had a plan of his own up his sleeve. "If I make him go with you, guarantee me smores where you come back." Ben laid the bait, as Kyra watched the whole interaction between his mate and best friend he seemed amused.

Robin was falling for Ben's trap all too easily. "Yes, I give you my word, that today when I come back I will make you smores, on any other day, you'll have to bribe me." Robin replied with a glint of mischief which made Ben narrow his eyes on the vampire. "Fine deal." Ben accepted and he swiped his fingers giving Kyra and Robin the perfect outfits for their day. "Have fun with King Lacrio, oh by the way comment on his achievements and his estate in the Northern Starkit." Ben pointed out and vanished before Kyra could say anything in protest.

The witch groaned, grabbed Robin's hand, and vanished with him to the sunny patio of the dining hall. "Robin!" A tall man cheerfully greeted, to Kyra this was nowhere what he had expected, but when he got close he felt what the vampire felt, it made him uneasy. He was the king, stoic, cold, and judgemental, but looking at him now his demeanor was different, he was trying to hide himself from Robin and his son.

"Your dad seems, uh...nice." Kyra mumbled next to Robin making him laugh. "He's kind of bipolar which at times is annoying." Robin explained and Kyra understood perfectly. "Hello dad, this is Kyra my mate, Kyra my father the vampire king Lacrio." He introduced and Kyra plastered his best smile for the man. "You're quite the beauty, I suppose all Syre's are, except a few." He complimented making his son's mate blush. Kyra was still apprehensive about sitting opposite the vampire king, though he knew the man had changed, that piece of information needed verification.

"How are you father?" Robin questioned after they had ordered their food. "I'm alright, I've heard about a disturbing rumor about the witch king, is he really trying to do it?" He replied back but his question was more directed to Kyra. "Your grace, I wouldn't want to cause any trouble but it's true, we are working on stopping him." The witch replied with as much courtesy as he could muster. "In times like these, I wish they hadn't given that boy the crown, anyway tell me more about yourself Kyra, and how your studies have been Robin." The king of vampires stated and both Kyra along with his mate felt relieved that the topic of Kaiser had been dropped.

"My studies are going fine dad, I think I've informed you a week ago and I'm also sure your little spy in my dorm has been reporting." Robin responded with a harsh distaste which made the king sigh. "It's better to keep an eye on your child when you have someone who can report almost daily, I know what's been happening around here and it's what prompted me to come, not some invitation from the angel queen to join her radical plans." He confessed shocking Robin, Kyra had also picked it up, the angel queen was involved more than they thought.

"I'm not mad dad, I know with what happened to mum you're trying to keep me safe and I promise you we're safe." The vampire reassured his father, the vampire in turn chuckled slightly. "I know you are, I saw both your battles against Amelia and your brother Declan, with the union of houses he will be crowned king, if only he had the power and backbone to back it up." Lacrio remarked making Kyra snort and Robin belly laugh. "Dad, stop being mean, they tried their best, but when you go up against true royalty, there is always something that you'll lack." Robin asserted cheerfully.