7.

Halwright.Demon Dorm
Penthouse.

"Where do I begin." The witch now lay on the couch beside Hayes, he didn't fight him off like the previous times. He appreciated Hayes coming to save him. Perhaps he isn't so bad. Ben thought as he thought of a starting point for the history lesson.

"Begin anywhere you want." Ben nods slightly and opens his mind to Hayes so that they could share the mental images.

"Long ago before the sanctification of cursed witch bloodlines, siphons existed. They were amongst the most feared creatures in the mystical realm. Their power was sought out by other supernaturals. The witch Royalty could not stand to let their kind be exploited, so they hid siphons from the world. My ancestors were part of those hidden. We were highly sought after and the royals knew our secret they could not let the other supernaturals know we existed because we would be killed, in their minds we were too dangerous and unbridled to live."

"Why was that you were just siphons." Hayes spoke up.

"My bloodline was special among witches and siphons because unlike normal witches who could do magic and have base abilities. We had an entity as a base ability and we could siphon the entity normal siphons have base abilities only."

"But that still doesn't make sense as to why you would be killed."

"The reason why we were sought after and killed was because if we mated to another mystic the entity within us would reverberate the abilities of the one who had claimed us. This is what made us special. We would be weaponized or feared. So the old kings and queens banded together to find and destroy us, Royalty and noble blood, They found us but the witches fought back.

They came to an agreement after the 10-century war. Siphons would be allowed to live in peace and those with entities much like myself if they could control it would be allowed to live a normal life, those who couldn't would be killed, the agreement was done but most witches who were like me had been killed already. The bloodline perished leaving only my family, they had the blood but not entity. Until I and my siblings were born. They have their entities which they are perfectly in control of but they aren't siphons. I was born 3 thousand years ago, different from my siblings. I could siphon." Ben draws magic from Hayes.

"When I lost control my parents couldn't handle having me killed so they sent me here, but before that, I learnt and mastered control but it was too late so they sent me to Halwright." Hayes felt bad for his little witch but was glad he came.

"So that's how you knocked us both out the day I claimed you and why my mark never left you?" Ben nods "Somehow your mark was accepted by my entity and now I have access to demon magic and your dark circle incantation that's why the mark is complete on my body, I'm afraid of using it, Hayes." Ben had now closed his eyes laying his head on the demon's chest.

"When the time comes, you'll use it and it will protect you, I'm wondering what abilities you've gained through that mark." He chuckles lowly. "I will then." The witch sighs. "Why didn't you take down Lucian you could've easily done it." The demon inquired.

"Dragons cage is a base ability, siphoning that magic would have weakened Lucian but he would have known the truth about me if I had done so and we really can't risk it." Hayes held Ben closer and breathed in his scent. "No we can't."

Morning.
Dragon Dorm: Common Room.

"He's still not awake yet?" Paige slaps Lucian and only receives a grunt. "What did they do to him?" Tate asks. "Burnt him alive with intensified hellfire, Matt a wyvern spoke up entering the room where Lucian lay.

He pours the healing nostrum into Lucians mouth."Was it that bad or you're exaggerating ?" Paige asserts. "It was that bad, it felt like my insides were being melted. I really want to get back at Hayes for this."

"Welcome to the club, I have a bone to pick with Kyra, with the witches not knowing their place and getting Ben to be on their side we might not be able to rule the school. We don't know how powerful that little bitch is and I'm not keen on actually finding out. He needs to be on a leash." Tate announces rather harshly because he felt his pride as an Alpha had been diminished because of Kyra.

"Why not cause a ruckus during challenge week and abduct him then?" Paige suggested the gruesome plan to the two other leaders. "No one would expect it and if Hayes were to be challenged he would be preoccupied with the battle to actually have time to protect the little thing."

It's perfect I can claim him then and the shifters will have a witch on their turf, my own weapon against the other leaders.

Tate sat opposite Lucian on the table grinning like a fool as he concocted his plan. He might be working with Lucian but both of them had no loyalty to the other since Lucian and the dragons believed they weren't supposed to be under shifters. The shifters could turn into dragons but lack their abilities which made the dragon's beliefs valid.

"I have to get to class, so bye." Paige stood up and walked out with Tate behind him. "I never thanked you for yesterday, you anticipated the attacks by Kyra it helped a lot I didn't get fried." Paige only smiled and blushed a little. He liked Tate even though Tate would never notice him, so he just stood by the sidelines and hoped one day Tate would notice him and the love he had for the shifter.

"Its okay Tate, I'm loyal to the shifters, like sirens we're both considered weak so it's best we stick together." He knew what he said was half true the Sirens weren't considered weak at all because of their numerous abilities in battle.

"Yeah sure." The taller male replied, he wanted Paige but he wasn't sure claiming Paige would be the right option for him. He wanted a defiant mate, someone with fire and to him, Paige lacked that, he was a pussy, and when it came to being a sub he didn't know how to please the shifter the way he wanted so he would keep Paige close by and exploit the resource but not accept anything else, it would get too complicated for him.

They walked into the school building and each separated for their own class. Supernatural History was Tates first lecture so he headed to the class. He found Ben sitting by himself close to the window and decided to sit next to him.

The little bitch is alone, this is going to be fun.

He walks up to where Ben, everyone looked at the shifter afraid and curious, Mr Wyne the teacher was also interested in what Tate was going to do.

"Remove your bag cupcake, I wanna sit." Ben rolled his eyes and removed his bag. "Haven't seen you in a while, tried talking to you the other day you've been avoiding me." Ben chuckles. "Tate dear I wouldn't be caught dead sucking your dick I'm not stupid, so stop trying your slick ass shit bastard it ain't working chumps."

"oooh."

The whole class held their breathes after Tate turned to look at them after his very public humiliation by another witch. He was angry because of the disrespect so he flung a fist toward Ben.

"Dark Circle: Black flame shield."

---------------------------------------------------------------

LMJ