Chapter 15- You see me

Start from the beginning

We pulled apart and I handed her the vodka bottle. She took a sip of it looking out into the distance.

"We moved because I was bullied. Bullied over something I couldn't control. When I came here I was scared shitless but no one knew me so I could be whoever I wanted." She glanced at me taking another sip from the bottle.

"When I first ever came up to you I was so anxious. My heart pounded out of my chest but you looked like you needed a friend. You looked like someone who needed to be seen. Wanted to be seen. Even though I was panicking on the inside it was worth it in the end." She took another swig of the bottle.

"Just out of curiosity if you don't mind me asking what was your birth name?" I asked.

"Gabriel but I changed it to Gabriella."

I nodded in understandment.

"You know I would of never known you were into that stuff. Until you showed me. I have one question though."

I nod my head for her to continue.

"Why don't you let anyone know that's your artwork on those walls?" She asked looking at me. I let out a small laugh.

"Its a long story."

"I have time." She gets more comfortable leaning on her head back on the vent.

"Well I'm going to need that." I point to the vodka bottle. She hands it over and I grab it taking a sip. Letting it burn down my throat. I lick my lips. Where was I to start?

"Well when I was younger my Mom was into art. She was really good at it like really good. Her dream was to get a piece of it in a museum or something. I use to paint beside her, doing finger painting and she use to keep them all." I took another sip from the bottle.

"Did her dream come true?" Gabby asked.

I shook my head and sighed. "She didn't make it to achieve it. I made a promise myself to achieve it for her. She inspired me to start art. It was fun painting on a canvas but I don't know there was something about it I didn't like. That was until I was introduced to street art. I was in the city with one of my brothers and someone was doing it and I fell in love instantly."

"But why don't you let people know it's your art? Your talented." Gabby looked at me. Her eyes shone with curiosity.

"Well one night I was out with an old friend. Doing something and we tried running but we got caught. It was stupid honestly. The place we done it we should've of been way more careful. It led us to big trouble. Big big trouble." I let out a sigh taking another sip that was only half truth of the story.

"What trouble did you get in?" Gabby looked worried. I handed her the bottle and she took a sip.

"Juvie for vandalism." I let out another sigh as I looked out to the city before us.

"How long?" Gabby asked.

"Five months, we got off easy. It's not like we did much damage either but it was better then a year which we could of gotten." I took the bottle off of Gabby taking another sip handing it back. She didn't say anything.

We just sat in slience was we both stared out at the city we both have our secrets. We both have our demons.

****

I don't know how long we have just sat here looking out at the city. One thing is for sure that we were both drunk. Maybe I was more then Gabby.

My eyes widened when the sound of the door to the roof opened. Gabby looked at me her own eyes wide.