Chapter 26- A Bump In The Road

Kayla's POV

You know at this point in my life I have fully prepared myself for my Dad's lectures. See it's never nothing new, and the punishments honestly can't get any worse.

When I got downstairs Bobby sat on the couch his head slightly drooped. Dad stood infront of him not looking happy. You could see the hustle and bustle in the kitchen of the boys cleaning up through the doorway. Louise looked to be helping them. I think we all know the reason why the boys are helping out.

"Kayla can you sit down please." Dad said when he noticed that I had came into the room.

I made my way over to the couch, sitting down beside Bobby.

"Both of your behaviour tonight was unacceptable. Bobby why did you throw mash potato at your sister? You made a show of us tonight." Am I hearing this right? Did Dad just give out to Bobby? " Kayla you know better to do it back." I looked back and forth between Bobby and Dad. Bobby looked on the verge of tears. While Dad looked fustrated.

"What's wrong Kayla? Why are you looking at me like that?" Dad had noticed my shocked face. His own turning into confusion.

"Did you just give out to Bobby?" A smile started to grow on my face.

"Yeah? He started it." Dad looked beyond confused. I couldn't help the smile that came onto my lips.

"Oh my God! You finally didn't put the blame all on me!" I almost cheered from this new revelation. Also he never gave out to me for talking back to Lee's Dad.

"No I don't. I always give out to your brothers." Dad defended.

"Yes you do. You always pin the blame on me." I crossed my arms over my chest.

Dad sighed. "Look your punishment tonight is Bobby no iPad tomorrow and Kayla just help with the clean up." Notice how he changed the subject.

Tears were streaming down Bobby's cheeks. Welcome to my world kiddo. Those tears aren't going to work here. Well they won't work for Dad. Especially getting out of a punishment, he learned that trick a while ago.

"Right well if that's it I'll be heading to do the dishes." I stood up and made my way into the kitchen. No way was I sitting there while Dad had to take care of a crying child.

When I walked into the kitchen there was a pile of plates and pots beside the sink that needed to be cleaned. Everyone slowly started to leave the kitchen as they put away the last bits.

The quickest way I could do this was just put the plates and cutlery in the dishwasher like a normal person and then just clean the posts in the sink.

No one said anything to me as I cleaned up. When Lousie had came back in she had changed into something more comfy her dress in her hands.

"Did you get it out?" Ethan asked. He had sat down at the island and was scrolling through his phone.

"Yes. It was only a bit of potato." Louise sent him a small smile. She walked out of the room and into the small closet that had the washer and dryer in.

Ethan cleared his throat but I ignored it until he did it again.

"What?" I looked up at him.