Chapter 15- You see me

Start from the beginning

Our heads slightly peeked up to see who was coming out of the elevator. A woman in a dress suit walked out with her phone talking to something. She had some sort of binder in her hand.

Luckily for us she started walking the other direction. Her heels clicked as she walked away the sound of them started to fade until we heard a door close.

I let out a breath of relief. I turned around to Gabby who also let out a breath of relief.

"Are you okay?" I asked. She nodded her head.

We stood back up and walked over to the elevator. Pressing the button and waiting for it to open. If it would hurry up so that doesn't happen again.

The elevator dinged again. My heart raced in my chest. I was afraid that the doors would open and reveal someone. But it was empty. I let out another breath as we walked into the elevator.

I press the last button, so then we would just have to get the stairs on the 40th floor up. Since the elevator doesn't go up their.

Again when the doors opened we were welcomed to the silence of an empty hall.

We walked out walking back down the hall in the direction like last time cause we would probably find the stairway again which we did.

****

I pushed open the door to the roof. Finally we had made it up here. I held the door open so Gabby could walk through first. I watched as she walked over to the ledge letting out a gasp as she looked out at the view of the city.

The view from here was amazing. You could see all the city lights. The cars that passed by but looked like little lit up dots. It was just a nice view it gave you a different perspective of the city below us.

"How the fuck did you even find this place?" Gabby looked at me with disbelief.

"Just stumbled upon it plus I told you I wouldn't let you down." I winked and a big smile made it's way on Gabby's face.

We sat down at an air vent so we could still see out at the view. I took out the vodka bottle. Taking a sip and shaking my head as it burns going down my throat. I pass it to Gabby who does the same and passes it back.

We sit comfortable silence.

"You know I had a great day and it's been a while since I have had this much fun. It's been a while since I have had anyone to hang around with actually." I turn my head to look at Gabby. She isn't looking at me but straight ahead as she takes a shaky breath. I take her hand in mine.

"I was afraid I wouldn't be accepted at my new school. I was afraid people would know and I would get judged. I am afraid that if I tell you that you will leave." Gabby looks at me. Her eyes search for reassurance. I squeeze her hand and give her a small smile.

"I don't know if you picked up but I'm transgender. I-I was originally born a boy but you know I transitioned to a girl." She let's out a shaky laugh and wipes away a small tear.

While I'm shocked. I would of never known not like it changes anything but I would of never known.

"Gabby I don't care if your trans or not. I would of never known. It doesn't make a difference to me." I pull her into a hug which she takes.

"Your probably my first ever friend in a very long time." She whispers into my ear.

"Your not alone on that." I whisper back.