Part 11: Zephyr

Zephyr
(n.) A gentle breeze.

.  .  .

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding." Proverbs‬ ‭9‬:‭10‬

Paralyzed with shock.

The agony sets in, it burned like the unforgiving desert heat. My voice daring to scream, only to be forced back, choked and suffocated with grief and pain... Pain, it struck my back. Torment and horror laughed in my face. It's dreadful feeling like the stab of daggers frozen in the ice of a poisonous well.

An excruciating pain hugged the back of my head. It pounded in my ears, uttering wild cries like a creature in pain. Tears sliding down my cheeks, it's cool feeling clashed with the heat of my skin. I struggled, trying to hold in my screams.

I was fine. I can get through this. I've been through worse. Thoughts, mindset. A stubborn girl who thinks she knows what's best for her. The pain and agony, she's going to get through it. She always does...

Two figures appeared before me, bittersweet like lemon and honey on your tongue. Relief washed over me, yet something wasn't right.

"We're sorry Y/n. We'll always love you." They said, their figures getting closer.

It was like glass breaking in my ear. The sound of a thousand angels crying.

My whole body shook. Eyes wide with horror, mouth rigid and opened. My fist clenched, nails digging deep into the palms of my hand, almost drawing blood. Adrenaline ran through my veins, the hairs on the back of my neck stood on end. It was the kind of sound that made your blood run cold.

I finally screamed.

I shot up, trying to control my breathing. My chest was rising and falling at rapid rates, the pain that was all over my body was now gone.

My eyes opened more clearly to a dark ceiling, a dark room, and dark sky. It must've been around midnight when I woke up. A crisp breeze nipped at my skin and struck at my face, only to be met with the warmth of my blood. Curtains whipped in the air harshly as if they were the wings of a bird. I slowly got out of the warmth and comfort of my covers.

I crawled over the fluffiness of my bed. Making my way to the old window. My body prickled with goosebumps as the harsh wind sat on top of my skin. The cold seeped into my toes and stabbed the the heels of my feet as I walked across the creaky wooden floors.

I reached the window, my slightly frozen fingertips drifting over the sash. My eyes looked up to see the darkened sky. The stars were like sugar spilt over black cloth. Moonlight like a river of milk and honey. But there was something more....There was something there... Another harsh breeze hit my face, biting my nose, ears, and eyelids.

I shut the window with a slam,

Not able to fall back asleep after that.

.  .  .

I stirred my tea slowly. Watching as the little loose leaves spun and danced in the herbal liquid. Eren struggled with his tea cup and spoon. His bandaged thumbs making something so simple, awkward. It was quite funny to be honest.