Part 4: Gaze.

.  .  .

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Isaiah‬ ‭41:10‬

.  .  .

"Y/n?" Eren questioned.

How does he know my name? I never even told him...

I froze in my tracks. My back was towards him so he couldn't see my look of confusion. There was a bit of a breeze causing my hair to whip my face which brought me back to reality. I took a deep breath before responding.

"Yes?" My expression remained calm and emotionless.

"You were there, weren't you?" Eren responded.

I clenched my jaw. "Yes I was. Why do you ask?" I said a little harsher than intended.

I took in his features before it clicked. I remember him now. He was that boy I ran past.

"Oh, I was just wondering..." He finally averted his gaze before turning around and walking off.

I watched him walk away before doing the same. The sun got lower and lower. I took my time going back to the cabins for dinner.

My hand made its way through my hair. I hadn't realized that I had stopped walking, my gaze at the ground now. The tips of my fingers made their way to the back of my skull, carefully grazing my scar from when I fell.

A sigh escaped my lips before I continued my walk to dinner.

. . .

I walked into the room with my food. My eyes traveled over to my usual spot only to see a bunch of other people sitting there. Including Eren, and his two friends. Mikasa and Armin. I caught their names during training as the officer was yelling at them.

Eren caught my gaze and beckoned me to come over. I stared at him for a few seconds before turning around and walking to a different table. I could feel his gaze burning deep into my back but I didn't care much.

I found Annie and sat beside her. My gaze wandered over to two other dude at the table. A buff blonde dude and a really tall guy with black hair.

"Hey." I said hesitantly while looking at the two guys across from me. Annie give me a reassuring glance before introducing the two guys.

"These are my friends Reiner and Bertholdt." She said with her usual bored tone.

"I'm Y/N." I nodded at them.

They both smiled at me before continuing the conversation that they seemed to be having before I arrived.

I ate my food while tuning them out. I could still feel someone's gaze on me. Burning deep into my back. I quickly turned around to seem Eren looking at me. He looked away as I caught him.

What's his problem? I thought before returning to my meal.

"So Y/N." Reiner turned to me which snapped me out of my thoughts.