Part 7: Death.

Sorry I posted late😔 I was busy with school and stuff ugh, anyways enjoy <3

. . .

"Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends."
‭‭John‬ ‭15:13‬ ‭

.  .  .

Grime, dust, and blood kissed my rough hands.

Shoot. I thought as I looked down at my bloody hand. The clean slice that sat on my palm stared back at me. My breathing was ragged and my hair was disheveled. I looked up at my hooked wire, the only thing keeping me from falling to my death. It was hugging the wall for dear life. I scanned my surroundings, looking to see who had survived. Luckily everyone was there, they had grappled onto the wall just as I did. Well, almost everyone. Some guy was hanging upside down by Sasha's wire. I craned my neck. Something else had also caught my eye.

Not again. I said to myself as my eyes trailed over to the large breach in the wall.

It's happening all over again...

"THIS IS IT PEOPLE, DO OR DIE!" A voice rang in my ears, bringing me back to my consciousness.
"DON'T LET OUR CHANCE GET AWAY!"

I turned to see Eren speeding off. His eyes glowing with determination.

He was going to try and kill that thing...

.  .  .

"Stupid cannons." I grumbled under my breath as I scrubbed the rusty metal surface furiously. I drowned out the others conversations. They were talking about Eren's speech or something. I was to busy trying to clean this cannon to even bother listening.

I sighed giving up. My hand with the scrub falling limp beside my folded legs. I stared at the rusty spot, it seemed to stare right back at me with taunting eyes. "Rust." I mumbled as I let go of the scrub and wiggled my cramped fingers. I then wiped off the dirt from my hands on a small rag before standing up.

I walked over to see Sasha hiding a block of meat. My mouth watered at the sight but I knew better then to get involved with Sasha's schemes. I rolled my eyes before heading over to the next cannon.

I wiped the sweat off my forehead as I looked around for another cannon. It seemed like they were all taken by the other cadets so I just sat down by one of the big crates. I rested my chin on my knees and closed my eyes. I ignored the stinging feeling in my fingers from all that scrubbing.

"Hey Y/n." Someone patted my head as if I were a dog. I winced instinctively, traumatized by all the times Shadis head-butted me. I opened my eyes to see Eren sitting beside me. "If someone catches you sleeping on the job, you'll be dead." He chuckled.

"I wasn't sleeping." I replied while closing my eyes again. "I was just resting my eyes." I mumbled.

Eren scoffed. "Same thing." He poked my cheek. My eyes fluttered open lazily. I turned to glare over at Eren, but he still held the same taunting smirk.

"Why are you even here? Are you that worried about me? Do you care about me that much?" I asked as Eren's cheeks and ears went slightly pink.