Part 3: Training Corps

"He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds."
Psalms‬ ‭147:3‬ ‭
.  .  .

After the breach I was taken into the custody of a nice family who were willing to care for me.

I never saw Eren after that. Thought it didn't really matter to me. Being alone was something I was used to at this point.

My adoptive family treated me well. Though it was quite obvious that they favorited their biological children more than me. But I was still grateful for them.

I would mostly spend my time outside. Learning more about how to care for myself. I learned self-defense over the years due to getting into fights with the other kids.

They always acted like they were so big and bad. Shiver me timbers. You're no better than me, and I'm no better than you. In the end we are both human. And we'll always be trapped in these stupid walls.

I know I shouldn't judge them though.
Everyone wants to have a little power in this cage we live in.

In the end there's no room for hate in my heart.

Sadly others disagree with that.

Eventually when the time came I joined the training corps in hope that I could become apart of the MP.
I didn't want to admit it but I wasn't ready to face those Titan bastards. Well at least not yet.

. . .

I stood in formation with the other trainees. Eventually our instructor named Shadis joined us. He was like a demon man. Angry at every little thing.

His bald head was shiny. I wondered if all of his hair fell out due to his constant stressful attitude. I also kinda wanted to slap his bald head.

I chuckled to myself slightly at the thought, but I quickly stopped not wanting to be heard by the angry old man. The girl to my left seemed to have heard me because I caught a glimpse of a smirk spreaded across her face. I'm sure it's a mutual intrusive thought we all have.

He took turns screaming at the trainees. Asking them why they were there. Eventually he came to the cadet across from me.

"What do we have over here?" Shadis turned to a familiar horse faced boy.

oh.

"JEAN KIRSTEN SIR! FROM TROST DISTRICT!" The boy was shaking in his boots.

"Why are you here cadet?" Shadis continued.

Suddenly a wave of confidence sweept over the boy. "To join the Military Police sir! The best of the best." He smiled.

"Oh, that's nice." Shadis grumbled "You want to live in the interior do you?" His voice grew deep.

I cringed knowing that it was over for the horse face.

Shadis head butted the boy. Watching as he fell down to his feet. "NOBODY TOLD YOU TO SIT RECRUIT!" He roared.

"IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE THIS KIRSTEN THEN YOU CAN FORGET ABOUT JOINING THE MILITARY POLICE!" Shadis finished with a swift turn on his heels as he continued his walk to interrogate the other recruits.

I stood there in shock.

Is it too late to back out? I wondered.

.  .  .

It was about dinner time now.