0.11

Chapter 11: Cute

Since it's already getting late. Yuzuru decided to take me home. I thought we we're going to stay a little longer at school because Athena is still there. Maybe the situation earlier tipped him off his mood. 

The whole ride nobody was talking. I was itching to turn on the radio to have a little bit of noise since the silence is killing me, but I just backed off and endured it. I was stealing glances from time to time to check his frame of mind. His face wasn't mad nor was it happy. He just kept this amused look on his face.

"You can stop here," I unbuckled my seatbelt.

I thought he was going to ignore me again but thankfully he didn't. I exited from the car and opened the door at the back seat to grab my bag. I bid my farewell to Yuzuru and was about to close the door when I saw Apollo walking. 

I was frozen in my spot and our eyes met. I held my breath as we stared for a few good seconds before I snapped out of my thoughts and went back in the car. Yuzuru seemed confused by my actions. 

"What happened?" He turned at me. 

"Apollo. He saw me," I said, catching my breath. 

He looked outside and to my surprise, he waved at my brother! I still haven't got the chance to recover from the last time Apollo and Yuzuru talked and now this? How in the world do they know each other? They seemed close based on what I'm seeing right now.

Yuzuru got out of the car to personally greet Apollo. I was hesitant at first if I would also get out but it would make no sense to stay inside since he already saw me. I'm already caught red handed.

I tried to walk as sneakily as possible. I'm thinking to walk home without them noticing because they're talking. I let out all my ninja skills out. Kept on glancing on them, I didn't notice there was a small metal pillar on my way. 

"Ouch!" I massaged my forehead and kicked the pillar. 

"Stupid," 

Just from his voice, I know it is my one and only brother. I looked at their side and saw Apollo deeming me with disgust, while Yuzuru is trying to hold back his laughter. I bit my lip out of irritation and walked towards Apollo. 

"Who are you calling stupid huh? I thought Mom put you in house arrest? What are you doing outside? Huh?" I pinched my brother's ears as I dragged him closer to home. 

"Sir, save me from this monster!" He cried to Yuzuru. I punched his side to shut him up. 

"Hey, cut some slack to your brother," Yuzuru intervened. 

I just ignored him and continued to drag Apollo closer to our home. Yuzuru tried to stop so I pulled my brother's ears harder and pointed at him.

"One more step, Yuzuru and I'll break that arms of yours. And for you, Apollo, stop squirming or you want me to tell Mom about the secret practices you went to before?" I threatened both of them. Thankfully, they didn't complained.

We reached the house and saw our parents sitting in front of the television. Our backs immediately straightened when Mom stood up. We both know that it's the end for us. I've started calling the names of the saints that I know and ask them to protect us.

"Where have you been, Apollo?" 

Chills run down my spine. I felt scared for my brother and I can also feel his because this fingers lightly brushed mine, probably from trembling. I took a deep breath before holding Apollo's hand and pushed him behind me.

"He fetched me from school," I said, looking straight ahead Mom's eyes. 

I'm beyond scared right now but I'm keeping it all. If I show that I'm scared or even a little hesitant, she would see right through me and punish Apollo. Mom stopped in her tracks before nodding.