0.5

Chapter 5: My Only Resolve

"Should I spill the tea, honey? Is that what you wanted to hear from me?" I chuckled.

"Yes, dear. Now tell me what did Yuzuru do this time?" Daphgne said.

I sighed before telling her what happened earlier. As I was filling her the details, I remembered how anxious I felt at that time. He looked serious when he said that he won't stop doing this unless he gets me. My hands were shaking so much that the books fell off. I just stood there like a stone after he left.

"I'm so proud of you for snapping at him, Athena. But he's really persistent," She commented.

Emotions I've bottled up all this time just exploded. That's the first time I've ever shouted or snapped at someone even though they irritate me so much. Not even my brother who annoys me everyday. 

I dropped the call because I remember tons of homeworks due tomorrow and I also have to present some ideas to include in our school newspaper. I can't let Yuzuru's doing affect me and my academic records or I'll be dead meat.

***

Morning came and I arrived at school in time. I'm proud of myself that I've gotten Yuzuru out of my mind yesterday and just focus. If I'm able to continue this kind of focus and mindset everyday, I'll be back on track in no time. 

I entered the school premises smiling. Students stared at me ridiculously but I just passed by them. They mind their own business and maybe study because it is what they should do inside the campus instead of gossiping.

"In a good mood today, huh?" 

I gasped when Daphgne suddenly appeared beside me. She linked her arms in mine and together we walked to our first class. We arrived in front of the classroom but to my surprise there's no Yuzuru or any of his friends outside. Usually they would be standing at the door, blocking my entrance. They would harass and push me to accept Yuzuru's courting for minutes or until the teacher arrives. 

I just shrugged it off, thinking that they came in late for school or they would bother me later on. The classes for the first half of the school went on without any problems. It was lunch and after the incident last time in the cafeteria, we decided to eat our food in the campus field. 

Daphgne told me to go on in the field because she didn't have the time to make lunch for herself so she's just going to buy food. I arrived at the field and took out my cellphone to entertain myself while she's buying. I don't want to eat earlier than her or she will get upset. After a few minutes, she arrived with bunch of foods along with her.

"I checked the cafeteria earlier. Yuzuru is not there nor his friends," She said. 

"They must've been exhausted pursuing a stubborn like me," I giggled, remembering Yuzuru's last words yesterday. 

"Can we like move in the cafeteria. It's so hot eating here. I would turn into a toasted something if I stay her any longer," She said.

Although I'm still doubtful whether Yuzuru is gonna be there or not, I have no choice. Daphgne is right. The heat today was not like the other days. We made our way to the cafeteria and she was right. The usual table of Yuzuru was empty. 

Why do I feel something bad is going to happen? I set aside the uncomfortable feeling since I'm starving hard. I still have a long day ahead at school. Plus, the club meeting after class. That's right. I should be thankful no one is bothering me today. Or I thought so.

***

"Tomorrow is the deadline of the research paper. Review for the quiz about this week's lesson, alright?" Our professor declared to the class which received tired groans from our class.