0.6

Chapter 6: Fake Girlfriend

"What just happened? Are you and him a thing now?" Daphgne asked me as we enter the bathroom. 

I'm confused as she is right now. First thing I knew I was stopping Yuzuru from jumping off a building and now I'm his girlfriend. He said that he will drive me home but I excused for a moment so I could to talk my best friend. 

Everything flew by so fast. Daphgne and I were both having our mental breakdown when someone entered the bathroom. It was Athena's friends. My head immediately hung low because of embarrassment. I clearly gave them the idea that I don't like Yuzuru and now it looks like I'm swallowing my own words. 

They eyed me up and down before stopping in front of the mirror. They each let out some of their make-up and do the retouch thing. 

I was about to drag Daphgne out of that place when she said she need to use the bathroom. So here I am, behind Athena's friends waiting. My eyes hurt because I kept on looking around, avoiding their gaze. 

"So, you're Yuzuru's girlfriend now. I assume?" Claire asked while applying a mascara. 

"I-I guess so," 

I mentally palmed myself for stuttering. They glared at me from the mirror before giggling to themselves. Was there something funny about my answer? Or they making fun of me because I'm nervous. Daphgne please do your business a little bit faster.

I silently let out a sigh when I saw that Claire and her friends was done doing their make up. I'm anticipating them to walk directly towards the door but I was wrong. Claire suddenly went straight for me. I took a step backwards until I felt the cold bathroom wall hit my back. She reached for my hair and played with it. 

"Drop the fake act. The real victim here is Athena. Hope you have fun in your relationship with Yuzuru while destroying others feelings," 

***

"We're fine. We go home by this and we always come home safely. So please,"

Yuzuru kept on insisting to drive me home and that just can't happen. My family will go nuts if they found out that I'm in a relationship. They'll think that I'm irresponsible. Worst case scenario, they will throw me out of the house and disown me. 

"But I do have something to tell you on the way," He said. 

"Save it for tomorrow. Okay?"

I didn't looked back at him and just went straight to my bicycle together with Daphgne. I heard footsteps fading farther and farther away from us which mean they already left. As I was unlocking the padlock, she went closer to me and whispered. 

"I feel uneasy about what he's going to tell you tomorrow," 

I tried to think about what she's saying but I just can't. The committing suicide and the girlfriend act drained my energy so much. All I could think about right now is to go home, eat a nice dinner and plunge myself into the comfy bed.

***

The continuous banging on my door woke me up from my deep sleep. Scrunching my eyes because of the light illuminating the whole room. I covered myself in thick blanket and was about to drift off to dreamland again when I heard my mother's loud voice behind the door.

"Athena! Get your lazy ass out of the bed!" 

My eyes shot wide open and quickly searched for my phone in the nightstand, dropping several things on the way. When I found it, I immediately looked at the time and face palmed myself. I got out of the bed and grabbed my uniform. I went outside to take the ultimate quick bath.