0.4

Chapter 4: The Persistent One

Please tell me that I'm dreaming. This can't be real. The most popular student and athlete in our school just doesn't told me that he's courting me. And I'm not taking it in a good way. Thinking about what will happen tomorrow will surely shorten my lifespan. I really want to skip school for a week or maybe a month.

A month maybe enough for them to forget what ruckus I was accidentally forced into right? But how can I trick my father, especially Apollo, to let me skip my school for a month? My brother really sees through my lies. He could work as a detective if he wants to.

Before I can sneakily make my way downstairs, my phone beeped. I checked it and saw Daphgne texted me.

Daphgne ❤

Don't do anything stupid. I know things are getting out of hand but please restrain yourself from doing anything. I'll call you later.

Did she just accidentally read my mind? Or maybe she is around here somewhere in my room? I looked around the room but there were no signs of her. Maybe she texted that because she knew I do foolish things out of over thinking.

This year should be normal like how the past few years rolled out. But freaking Yuzuru decided not to. And what in the world was he talking about 'the pretty Athena'? It's clear that he's mocking me. I know that I'm just a potato but no need to declare that in front of the 'real pretty Athena' and the whole class. I'm just glad that Daphgne was there to pull me out of the situation.

Maybe he was just joking about the courting thing? That guy really confuses me. I will just continue to avoid him and the others. For all I know that's the only thing I can do.

***

"I'm off to school!" I shouted as I was tying my shoelaces. 

"Did you forget anything, sweetheart?" My dad popped behind me. I shook my head and went to kiss him in the cheek. Before I could let go he held my hands tightly and looked at me in the eye.

"Always remember that we love you always. Tell us if anything is bothers you okay?" 

I tapped the back of his hands and smiled reassuringly as I can. As much as I want to tell them how uncomfortable school gets for me, I don't want them to worry. They are already stressed about much important matters. I'm already grown up and I can handle this alone. This is just some typical stuff that students encounters in their academy life.

I'm surprised to see Daphgne already waiting for me at the gate. I parked my bike and went towards her. 

"Is this true? You are earlier than me?" I pointed at her with a fake shock expression. She rolled her eyes at me before clinging into my arms.

"You really have the time to joke around when everybody looks at you like they want to murder you? Not-so-you Athena," She said.

It's not that I didn't notice them but more of trying to not mind them. I'm pushing out the negativity in my mind and spread good vibes instead. I'll just waste my energy trying to figure out what nonsense they are saying to me.

We are almost the building when I saw Yuzuru at the lobby along with his friends. My stomach suddenly twisted. My heart starts to beat abnormally. I tugged Daphgne's clothes to stop her from walking. 

"Do you know any other ways to enter the building without using the lobby?" I whispered at her. We're currently hiding at the bush beside the building. She can't think of any other entrances so we hid there until Yuzuru left to go to his class.