0.13

Chapter 13: Good As Done

With shaking legs, I finally reached to Yuzuru who piercingly stared at Haruki. Even though, I thought of countless explanation, I can't seem to justify my actions so I opted to tell him the truth. 

"Haruki's my childhood friend. I didn't knew that they would be moving in here no until today! I was just really glad --" 

"That you forgot that I'm here waiting?" Yuzuru scoffed. He stood straight and leaned forward. "I waited here for almost an hour because you strictly told me that you don't want to be late at school," 

I wasn't able to answer back as I felt guilty. I'm such a really dumb girl to forget that I have a responsibility with this guy. 

"I'm really sorry. That's all I can say," I said, trying to look into his eyes but keeps on failing.

"As if those words would turn back time," He scoffed and opened the car door. My eyes widened at this actions. Don't tell me he's going to walk out. He entered and made his vehicle roar. Yuzuru was about to drive off but I banged his window. 

He looked pissed before rolling down the window and gave me a 'what' expression.

"Are you really going to leave? Then what would the students say when we arrive at different time?" I asked in disbelief.

"I don't know. You solve it yourself since you're the one who caused it," He shrugged.

I was still lost in words on his jerk response when he said the final blow. "Oh, and also good luck to that boy right there. Already getting rumors on the first day? And guess who's fault was that?" 

Yuzuru drove off at a fast pace and disappeared from my view. My hands formed in fists and bit my lip really hard out of frustration. I do get it that its my fault but we could've have prevented this future problem arising if we just went to school together and drop Haruki nearby.

He's really exceeding my expectations of my definition of what a jerk is. I'm so done with his actions. 

"Who was that?" 

I looked at Haruki who's still staring at the road that Yuzuru's car has taken. He glanced at me and I could see the worry in his eyes. I ran my hands in my hair before lying to him.

"Just a schoolmate of mine," 

"He looks like chaos to me. Does he bother you often?" 

As much as I wanted to scream yes to him, I don't want to risk revealing the kind of 'relationship' I have with Yuzuru. Haruki might react violently to this and tell my parents about this so I lied. Again.

I urged Haruki to just forget what he witnessed and made our way already to school. We're already running late. He asked me numerous times if I'm okay and I brushed him off. The thought of indirectly involving Haruki into my mess on his first day disgusts me. 

I'll take all the bad rumors and stares, just not Haruki.

***

"Tell me if someone or something bothers you okay?" I said when we finally arrived at Haruki's room. As expected all the students were staring and I'm starting to get nervous again for my best friend. I just hope no one disturbs him and let him enjoy his first day.

"I think I'm the one who should be saying that," He grinned. I just looked at him still troubled on the scenarios that may happen once I leave him. "I'll be fine, Athena. Trust me," He said before pulling me to a warm hug.

I was surprised but simply melted in his arms. For a moment, I forgot my surrounding and only thought of Haruki. All the anxious feeling and thoughts disappeared at the exact time.