0.12

Chapter 12: Now That You're Here

I got home, both confused and irritated. Isn't the right word 'amusing'? Not 'cute'? Because he's definitely toying with me. I'm already dealing so much humiliation I could take just by agreeing to this deal. 

Yeah, just ignore what happened today Athena. I gave myself a pat in the back while thinking, it's going to be over soon. 

"Are you crazy?" 

I jolted and found Apollo, looking at me in horror. He mumbled something while I was walking away but I guess I was too tired to pick a fight with my stupid little brother so I just ignored him. I have to reserve all the mental strength that I have to face tomorrow. Not just mentally but physically restrain myself from ever punching Yuzuru's face every time I see it.

I went straight to my study table and focused on doing my school work. This should take my mind off the scene earlier. And it worked. I was so tired and happy that I was able to do my tasks without Yuzuru boggling my mind. I went straight to bed peacefully whilst also hoping that this calmness would drag on until the following day.

***

Because I went to bed in a good mood yesterday, I was able to wake up relatively early. Mom was surprised to see me up this early considering the fact that I get up later than my usual routine since the deal started.

I was waiting for my coffee to finish when she stood beside me and leaned towards the counter. "Have you met our neighbor yesterday?" She asked. I shook my head, uninterested before stirring my drink. 

I blew my coffee a few times to cool it down then slowly took a sip. I mentally cursed when the hot liquor burned my tongue. Letting out a gasp, I tapped my mother to try and tell her to get me a water. Instead of attending to me, her eyes wandered outside the window and looked at our supposedly new neighbor's home.

"I'm happy that they finally listened to my suggestion of moving in here. Be in your best behavior in breakfast okay?" She said, ignoring my plea and went straight upstairs. 

My tongue is still burning from the coffee that I couldn't comprehend what my mother is trying to say. After blaming myself multiple times for my own stupidity, I decided to take a long cold shower. I need to be alert going to school after the accident I don't even want to remember.

I was taking my time showering when Apollo knocked the bathroom door loudly. "Hey! Mom said don't wait for her to drag you out of the restroom! She wants you on the dining table! Now! A-S-A-P!" He screamed.

I shouted back at him, saying that I'll be right there in a minute. My relaxing time was interrupted and it put me on edge. Especially when I checked the time, I'm not even late for school nor the presumed time for us to eat together!

Not even bothering to comb my hair because Apollo won't stop banging my door, I went downstairs and found the table filled with foods. Like we are in for a feast. I was about to steal a piece of bacon when Mom slapped my hands.

"Get the hands off the table and instead, help me cook the remaining food," She said, hurrying to get back in the kitchen.

"What? There's no more space left in the table yet we're still adding more dishes?" I asked in disbelief, following Mom. She immediately handed me a plate. Even though I'm still confused about what's happening, I obeyed what my mother told me to do. Maybe Apollo has some good news for us? 

Speaking of my brother, he appeared beside me and whispered in my ears. "It would be better if you at least comb your hair before coming in the dining area," He said, taking the other plates and exiting quickly.