Chapter Fifty

L
• • •

Crystal's POV***

        "I mean seriously. I leave for 5 minutes and he goes and gets himself arrested," I heard Kevin say when Eli opened the door. Ashton and I were in the living room, and he chuckled to himself.

When Kevin came into the room, I got up to give him a hug, and he lifted me in the air for a second before looking at Ashton and laughing, putting me back down. Ashton rolled his eyes.

"Nice face," Kevin laughed again and pointed at his scraped-up appearance. Ashton narrowed his eyes at him.

"Wanna match?" He threatened, but all Kevin did was plop down on the couch next to him and go to pinch his cheek- but Ashton obviously pushed his hand away before he could even get close.

"My little angsty-ash," Kevin joked, and I squished myself in between them on the couch- partially to keep Ashton from shoving Kevin and partially because I simply wanted to. Kevin naturally slung his arm over my shoulders and I giggled as he pulled me into him.

I've always loved Ashton and Kevin's relationship. Usually Ash couldn't stand people who acted like Kevin, but for some reason he had such a soft spot for him. It made me smile to think about.

"Hey hey hey, not your turn," Kevin said over to Ashton when he tried to take Kevin's arm off of me to bring me into his side instead. I laughed as Ashton shot him an incredulous look.

"She's my girlfriend," he told him.

"Yeah, thanks to me," Kevin replied smugly, and I looked at Ashton as if to say 'he's got you there'. I leaned more into Kevin and Ashton raised an eyebrow at me, making me chuckle again. "You hated her," Kevin reminded him.

"Hate's a strong word-"

"He was just awed beyond his wits when he first saw me, he didn't know what to do with himself," I said up to Kevin, and he went with it, nodding in agreement. Ashton sighed again.

"You two are the worst together," Ashton mumbled. I brought up my legs and laid them across his lap since it was comfortable. He naturally rested his arms on them.

"Thank you, we try," I grinned up at him, and then Layla came in with Jake.

"What's up little man?" Kevin greeted Jake, who's eyes lit up as he jogged over and did their little handshake with him.

When Layla walked over to the chair Eli was sitting on and sat down on his lap, Kevin looked over at Ashton to see his reaction, and I did too. Expectedly, he grunted and rolled his eyes.

"Can you guys not?" He asked them, but Layla raised her eyebrows, amusedly challenged. She was too much like Ashton to grant that request.

"Not what?" She mused, keeping eye contact with Ashton while moving closer to Eli and wrapping her arms around his neck, but he quickly took them off of him with an awkward smile- not particularly wanting to get on Ashton's nerves at the moment.

"Okay so what's the game plan?" Kevin chimed back in.

"You guys just say how great of a dad I am, and I keep my kids," Ashton replied, and Layla tsked at being called his kid.

"You're only one of our daddy's, though," Kevin joked back, ruffling Jake's hair.

"Layla, too," Ashton corrected. "What's up with my friends forgetting that she's not 18 yet?" He mused and shot a little look at Eli, who smiled awkwardly in response.

"I was talk about Crys," Kevin explained, and I choked on air- Ashton sighing as Eli laughed and Layla let out an 'ew'.

"You're a ridiculous human," Ashton told him.