Chapter Twenty-Nine

Smut warning!!!- you can skip over it if it makes you uncomfortable. Once it starts, it stops at the following three dots before the next part.
<3

XXIX
• • •

Layla's POV***

        Halloween night had been nice, Ashton and Crystal took Jake and Connor out for trick-or-treating while I handed out candy at my house with Scarlett and Savanah. Eli and Kevin were going to be coming over, but Eli ended up hanging with Kevin- who apparently had to give out candy at his house since his dad and step-mom were working.

It was a really fun girls-night, and they told me some lovably embarrassing stories about Crystal that I would certainly be bringing up to her later.

Halloween was a few days ago, and Eli hadn't really done a good job at the whole 'I'm going to tell him the next time I see him' thing... but neither was I, so I couldn't judge.

Tonight, though, was the night. We were going to tell him, especially because Crystal was going to be with him. I forgot to tell Eli that I told her, but I knew he wouldn't have cared, since he wanted to tell everyone more than I did. Crystal being there to simmer down Ashton was very important.

"Ready to go?" I asked Eli, sitting on the couch in his living room as he paced back and fourth in front of me.

"What if he kills me? He might actually kill me," he continued to think out loud.

"Well then I'll write you a bomb-ass eulogy," I replied light-heartedly, and he stopped pacing to look at me. He still looked a little stressed, but his lips turned up a little at the corners.

"Now lets go," I said and stood up. He nodded and I looped my arm through his as we walked out to his car. It had gotten really dark outside.

We drove for a minute or two, before I made him pull into an empty parking lot. He shot me a confused look once he parked, but I just grinned.

"If my boyfriend is going to be murdered tonight I'd at least like to do him one more time," I said casually, and it caught him a little off-guard. I laughed at the blush that quickly appeared across his perfect features.

I reached over and twisted the key, shutting off the car before climbing over the armrest in between us. His eyes scanned over my body as I undid his seatbelt and settled in, straddling him. He wore an slightly amused smile.

"I'm so in love with you," Eli spoke deeply and casually as he scanned over my body again and moved his hands to my waist. Now it was my turn to be taken aback. My breath caught, and his eyes snapped up to mine when he realized what he just said, panic setting in his features.

"I-I, uh, I-" he stuttered, but I smiled and cut him off with my lips on his. He quickly adapted, squeezing my waist before bringing his hands up to the sides of my arms as they rested on his shoulders.

I winced when he touched the bruise I had on my right arm- skateboard accident. Let's just say that I got a little over confident with myself and.. ahem.. accidentally feel down a flight of stairs. I had a big bruise on my arm and a few cuts and scrapes on my leg, but they would go away in a few days.

"Sorry," he pulled away, slight concern in his eyes. I smiled at him, whole heartedly. He cared so much about me. And I couldn't explain how soft it made my heart.