Chapter Seven

VII
• • •

As soon as he took a bite of his burger he moaned, making me let out an unexpected laugh. I shook my head at him and took a bite of mine.

"So what happened? Should I beat anyone up?" He asked, taking a sip of his Diet Coke.

"No," I rolled my eyes," it was just the movie we watched.. there was a lot of stabbing and shit so, yeah," I told him.

"Are you okay?" He asked, looking into my eyes.

"Better now, yeah," I replied and gave him a small smile.

We talked about random shit until he brought up Cassidy.

"Did you ever call that girl you were talked about from the café?" He asked.

"Nope.. I'm honestly kinda scared to," I confessed.

"Why? Whatever she has to say can't be too bad if she's just now telling you after all this time," he reasoned.

"Yeah, that's true," I agreed, "I don't know though, something just feels so weird about it."

"Understandably so," he commented, stuffing his face with more fries. "It's not gonna go away if you keep avoiding it, though."

"I know, I know," I sighed. "I'm gonna call her tomorrow I think."

"Do you have any classes tomorrow?" He asked, and I shook my head no. "Wanna check out my college? You can meet my awesome roommate,"

"Is he cute?" I joked, and he playfully glared at me.

"No, actually, he isn't." He responded. We finished eating and paid the bill, then headed back out to his car.

"I'm excited to see your dorm," I said as we pulled out of the parking lot.

"There's isn't much to see.. it's not like I really decorated."

"You mean you didn't put my picture up all over the place?" I asked jokingly.

"Well, the cardboard cutout of you hasn't come in yet, so," he joked back.

"Oh, okay that's fine then," I replied. I heard a good song come on the radio and I turned it up, singing along.

"This song sucks," he yelled over the music.

"You suck," I yelled back.

"Nice one," he replied and chuckled.

A little while later, we arrived at his college. I looked around at the campus as we drove through. It looked pretty nice, for what I could see at least. When we got to the building, he put the car in park and took the keys out of the ignition.

"If you fall madly in love with him I'm gonna be pretty upset," he told me as we got out.

"Can't. I've already done that with someone else," I looked up at him and linked my arm through his.

"Who?" He asked and I rolled my eyes at him as he scanned his card, the door unlocking.

When we stepped on to the elevator and the doors closed, he wrapped his arms around my waist from behind me. I giggled as he pulled me closer to him and kissed my neck.

I brought my hand up to the side of his face and turned around, planting my lips on his with a smile. When the doors opened, I walked backwards and brought him out with both hands.

We walked through the halls until he stopped at a door. He shot me a look, bracing himself to see his roommate, and opened the door.

When we walked in, I immediately saw his roommate laying down on his bed with a playboy magazine open above his head. As soon as he saw us, he quickly chucked it on the floor beside his bed.