Chapter Twenty Three

XXIII
• • •

Ashton and I woke up to a loud crash, jumping a foot in the air and immediately looking frantically to the other side of the room. I saw Trevor standing over a bunch of shattered glass, before he looked up at us.

"Shit, my bad," he said and Ashton grunted with a sigh, falling back down onto the bed. "Oh hey, I didn't know you were here," he added when he saw me.

"Nice to see ya, Trev," I replied, lying back down tiredly and covering my face with the sheets.

"Ashton, don't you have a class soon?" Trevor asked as he leaned down to start picking up the glass. At this, Ashton's eyes shot open and looked over at the clock.

"Oh shit," he said and frantically climbed over me to get out of bed. I chuckled to myself as he hustled to get ready, and got a little more comfy in his bed now that I had both sides available to me. I laid out like a starfish under the covers as he continued to scramble for his books.

"After my class can I show you around campus? I've been dying to show you off since the day I moved in," he asked over to me once he was finished getting ready and brushing his teeth. I smiled up to him.

"Why of course," I replied and he grinned down at me. He leaned down and kissed me on the forehead before rushing over to the door.

"See you in a bit!" He said and slammed the door behind him. I pulled the covers over my whole head and tried to pretend as thought Trevor wasn't in the room with me, still picking up glass.

"So," I heard Trevor prompt, and I peeled the covers down just enough to be able to see him. "Are you guys like exclusive? Or.." I looked at him incredulously.

"Yes. We are," I responded, astonished.

"Alright, figured I'd check cuz you're hot and whatnot but I respect that.. anyways see you around, I'm gonna go buy another new lamp," he said and left the room, leaving me by myself.

I knew I wouldn't be able to fall back asleep, so I pushed the covers off of me and rubbed my eyes, sitting up and swinging my legs off the side of the bed. Thankfully, I had a pair of clean leggings in my car that I could wear with one of Ashton's sweatshirts.

I didn't feel like retrieving my leggings just yet, though, so I just changed into one of his sweatshirts and remained pants-less whilst I made the bed.  The sweatshirt was long enough that you couldn't even tell, though, to be honest.

I sat back down on the bed and sighed, looking down at my hand as I opened and closed it. I winced in pain as I tried to form a fist, giving up once I felt the few cuts on my knuckles start to open back up again. Last night I had sort of blacked out while I was punching George.. I guess I really did go hard for my hand to be this beat up.

Right.. George. I had almost forgotten. Every time I was with Ashton he made me feel so safe that it almost led me to whisk away my actual reality for the reality I wished I could live. The calm reality. The wholesome reality.

I guess he was the closest thing to that reality I could have.

I looked around the room a little bit before I spotted a bottle of Tequila sticking out from under Trevor's bed. Rolling my eyes, I got up and pushed it further under the bed so that it couldn't be seen. This boy was asking to be kicked out..

I'm that moment I kind of wanted some liquid courage, but it's not like I'd ever in a million years take someone's alcohol without them knowing.. I'm not my mom-

I cut my thought short and froze, a frown immediately spreading onto my face. Without really realizing it, I've been slowly turning into who my mom was. I never wanted to admit it to myself, and I still didn't really, but some small part of me was trying to.