CHAPTER 05

Marcus POV

"Thats all for today class, you may go."

Haysst! Good that the class is over. I'm actually hungry because I can't eat lunch because I've arranged my forms. I just smile at the girls who are my new classmates who do nothing but stare and wink at me. As I continued to suppress my hunger, I did not focus on listening.

By the way, I am Marcus Flores Graham. I am a Philam, half Filipino in mother side and half american in father side. But even so, my family is not whole. Yes, when I was a child my dad left us and I heard that he is now in England with his new family.

Like other students, my life is simple. Yes, I am not rich. I was only able to study here at CDPU because of the scholarship. But I am happy with the life I have, the important thing is that I am with my mother.

My status is single, I don't have a girlfriend and I don't have an ex. Many say I am a good man. Many say they like me but none of them captivates my heart. Maybe I only focus on education so I can't find the woman I love. And then I believe in destiny, that he himself will give me the right girl that will love me and I will love back.

I am also not a friendly person. I have a hard time getting along so I just smile at people who want to meet and make friends with me. I don't trust others. Mom always told me, "do not trust other people because they will ruin you. Just trust yourself because only you can help to improve your path".

I also know basic Tagalog, but I still have difficulty speaking it. So I made a big adjustment. But I always read tagalog books and dictionaries so I can learn it quickly. And then during my time here in the Philippines I probably almost understood Tagalog but that's it, I still moan and have difficulty speaking it a little.

I am also the type of person that just street food is enough. Just bread is okay. I just have something to eat I'm happy. I am not as picky as others because I am aware of how difficult it is to get money. Honestly, they always look up in me when I go to eateries or restuarants there on the sidewalks. Maybe they thought I was rich and they wondered if I was the only one eating that kind of food. Why is that? Why is it like this here in the Philippines? As long as a person is from another country, they think he is rich. But never mind, the Philippines is a wonderful place. The people here are very hospitable and very kind. Just, the Philippines is different compared to other countries. There is nothing like the Philippines so I claimed to myself that I am a Filipino.

Oh, it looks like I've had too many stories about my life. I'm hungry so I want to go out. Another is that I still have a job in a newly opened cafe. I don't have time anymore so I need to hurry.

I was about to get up and walk out but I saw a notebook next to my desk. I looked around but no student or I have no classmates left now, my professor and I are the only ones here now. I just took the notebook and I noticed it was feminine so I'm sure Ms. Baniqued is the owner of it. I opened the notebook for a moment and I was amazed at the beautiful penmanship written on it. Pure formulas and solutions are written here so I think it is a reviewer notebook. So, I just put it in my bag and left.

__________

"Ahm, lomi nga po. Regular lang please. Thank you!"

So here I am today at a pansitan near our school. Lomi is okay with me, I'm sure I'll be full here. I just need a little energy for my work later. And then it was just right for my budget today.

A few minutes later, an old woman immediately served my order.

"This is your order sir." Manang was happy to give me my order. This woman is happy, her happiness is contagious.