Lumos

The next morning, Albus woke up to find all the boys but Malfoy in their beds. He went over to the closet and picked out a Slytherin robe. He went into the bathroom to change into it. Five minutes later, he was changed, and had used the bathroom. He tried to comb his unruly hair, making it a little less messier. He went to the dorm, got his stuff, and walked straight  into the Slytherin Common Room. 

He sits down at a table and takes out some parchment and a quill and starts writing.

 'Mum and Dad, and Lily too, if she's there,

 Last night was fine, I made a new friend on the train, Julian Lee, I got sorted into Slytherin and James and Louis are giving me a cold-shoulder, Roxy, Louis, Lucy, Rose, and Frank took it well though. I'm looking forward to my first class. I'll try to send Lils something soon,

Love, 

Albus

Albus tied the letter to Scarlett's leg and watched her off. When she was gone, Albus looked around, Malfoy was also writing a letter. He saw that most of the sofas were empty. there were still twenty minutes till breakfast. 

Twenty minutes later, students started pouring down the stairs and out of the Common Room. Lucas came out of the dormitory five minutes later. Together, the two boys walked down to the Great Hall. "Hey Rose!" Albus said. Rose turned around curiously. When she saw Albus, she turned away, returning to laughing with her friends. 

"What is it with her?" Albus asked his cousin Louis.

"I would say she doesn't agree with your decisions," Louis said, a faint French accent tinging his words, "after all, becoming friends with a Malfoy is not something than can easily be patched up. She needs time. She's completely fine with you being a Slytherin."

"I'm not friends with him," Albus said, "just figured out that he's not the person he's made out to be. We're, at this point, acquaintances, if you can even call it that, or just allies and Housemates and classmates and year-mates."

"That seems pretty defensive, Al," Louis said, "and who was that person you were sitting next to last night?"

"Lucas Flint," Albus said, "he's raised by his uncle, who is pretty chill with blood-purity and all that stuff."

Louis nodded and strode in, followed by Albus as they went opposite ways. Albus sat with Lucas and sighed. "Rose has decided I'm friends with Scorpius Malfoy," Albus said, "and while I don't think he's a terrible person, I still am not yet his friend."

"To be fair," Lucas said, "he is having it hard. A kid as a social pariah for something his father did." 

"True," Albus said. 

Just then, Albus spotted a girl standing there awkwardly. 

"What's your name?" Albus asked

"Kelly Hale," the girl said, "pleased to meet you."

Just then, the morning post came, and Albus saw a newspaper there. 

Azkaban Escapade- Former Death Eaters Conspiring Again?"

Albus smiled as he read the paper, written by his dad's friend's friend, Rolf Scamander, posted in The Quibbler, the now Ministry-certified and endorsed newspaper and magazine chain. 

Soon, it was time for class, and Albus and his friends went up to the Charms room. Albus sat next to Lucas