The Sorting

When they reached the school and got off the boat, a boy pushed into him, making him fall onto the cold stone pavement. He had dark brown, almost black hair, and was James's sworn enemy by the fates, Ralph Dolohov, son of Death Eater Antonin Dolohov, and a Slytherin third year, and their only similarities were being wizards and their years at Hogwarts.

We walked into the Great Hall and Professor Lewis led us to a stool with a hat, not as old and battered as it was supposed to be, but still a bit, it was dark black, very dark black, with the tip and the bottom the darkest red you could ever remember. It was The Sorting Hat of course!

Professor Lewis (note I have no idea who the headmaster of Hogwarts is at this point) said, "Professor Magento would like to say a few words. "Before the feast starts we need to sort all first years into their Proper houses." She gave a long scroll to Neville.

"Abernathy, Cole!" 

"RAVENCLAW!" 

"Apex, Michael!"

"GRYFFINDOR!"

"Baddock, Martin!"

"SLYTHERIN!"

Baddock struted over to the Slytherin table, sitting down at the middle of the table.

So, the names went on, Albus got a bit interested when he heard the name "Diggory", other than that nothing out of the ordinary, Rose got put in Gryffindor, same with Helen Droll, who Rose was evidently friends with, Lucas in Slytherin, he finally jerked back into reality when Frank's name was called. 

"Longbottom, Frank!" 

"GRYFFINDOR!"

There was a thunder of applause at the result of Frank's sorting, now everyone was expecting Albus and Lucy to be in Gryffindor. 

"Malfoy, Scorpius!"

The whole hall suddenly turned quiet as everyone turned to face Malfoy. A few people started muttering to each other. 

"SLYTHERIN!" 

Malfoy walked toward the Slytherin table sitting at the farthest corner from everyone else. 

"Mulligan, Corey!" 

"HUFFLEPUFF!" 

After that, a few students went, and then,

"Potter, Albus!" 

Albus nervously walked up to the stool and sat there for what felt like hours.

"Albus Potter," the little voice said. "I've been considering this for years." 

Have you? 

"Yes, Albus. I'm guessing you want Gryffindor, then?"

No. If you put me anywhere, I'll be fine. Just put me where I belong. 

"You would do quite well in Slytherin, Mister Potter."

I have no objections. I want Slytherin. 

"Remember, you'll have to go through much bias, Mister Potter. Rose will be a bit shocked, but definitely accept it. Give James some time. Until he has a clear or eased state of mind. If you are willing to accept it, you're a...

"SLYTHERIN!" 

Albus went toward the Slytherin table, very aware of the glares and stares that came his way. He would have to hide the fact that he chose Slytherin from Rose. He sat down across from Malfoy. 

"Weasley, Lucille!" 

"HUFFLEPUFF!"

Lucy rushed over to the Hufflepuff table and sat next to a girl with blond hair and blue eyes. 

"Zabini, Demetrius!"

A boy with light skin and black hair sat on the stool. The hat yelled, 

"SLYTHERIN!"

Demetrius came over to him and sat down. Now it would be awkward. 

"Zabini, Alisa!"

Alisa Zabini got sorted into Slytherin, no surprise. 

"Albus, Scorpius, I'm going to leave you to tread your own waters at your pace." Demetrius said. "It'll only get awkward with me here." 

He strode off to sit at the crowded area. Lucas scooted closer. 

At the end of the feast, each House head comes and tells the prefects to lead their House to dormitories, through this conversation, he figured out that his House head was Professor Caddel, and his prefects were Jason Bletchley and Annabel Creed. 

"Prefects, lead your houses to their dormitories, if you will," Professor Magento said firmly.