dancer

╔════════════════════╗
     D A N C E R
╚════════════════════╝

"yep! just like that, now, let's start from the top." hyunjin smiled proudly at the class through the mirror.

hyunjin hadn't been teaching these kids for long but he already had an attachment to each and every one of them, he loved watching them grow as dancers and he loved working with kids since he was always an only child. he felt like a big brother.

about half an hour later, they wrapped up the class, parents now crowding the small studio to pick up their tired kids who were scrambling for their water bottles and snacks.

he turned his head around to see one of his students running over to him excitedly, telling his dance teacher about the new dog that his family got. hyunjin listened intently as the child bounced from topic to topic before his mom pulled him away saying 'you can talk to him next week' and 'hurry, you have piano lessons!'

the dancer collapsed against one of the couches, letting out a tired sigh after watching the last of the parents leaving the studio. he closed his eyes, taking in the silence before that was quickly interrupted by a deep voice, causing him to flinch in surprise.

"you're good with kids." a silver haired boy spoke from across the room. hyunjin hadn't noticed him enter. most likely when everyone was leaving.

"how may i help you?" hyunjin asked with chuckle, standing up from the leather couch as he took a swift sip of water.

"i was wondering if the studio was open? the one i used to go to regularly just closed for good," spoke in a surprisingly deep voice, a hint of an accent in the way he spoke. his voice definitely didn't match his pretty, freckled face and his brown doe like eyes. "i was also wondering if i could enroll in a class here?" the shorter smiled shyly, receiving a nod from the long haired boy.

"it sure is! and yes, i would love to do that for you! i just need your name, and for you to fill out this unnecessarily long form." hyunjin half joked. he swiftly walked over to the counter where the monitor sat along with some other non-notable items, gesturing for the other to come over.

"so, you two are like- what, boyfriends?" taehyung questioned, slouching in one of the spinny chairs. today was excruciatingly slow and they only got around four customers.

"are you serious we've only been on one date," jeongin scoffed, flipping through the pages of a magazine. "and he wasn't even the one with the idea to ask me out." the pale boy frowned at that, he wondered if hyunjin even genuinely wanted to go on their first date.

surely he cared enough seeing as he asked him out on a second one.. and brought him to work every day.. and got his roommate coffee. to be fair, that's what friends usually do. they were friends- nothing more than friends.

"you're smiling again." the sun kissed boy teased, nudging his coworker's leg with his foot. a shit eating grin spread across his face.

"do you hate seeing me happy?" jeongin asked with the roll of his deep brown eyes. his uninteresting magazine now discarded and forgotten on the desk.

taehyung's grin turned into a frown. "i'm just saying! it's so cute how you think about him." the younger noticed his friend's eyes drift to a certain barista working in the café.

he chose to ignore the opportunity to tease the elder back, no matter how tempting it was. "i wasn't thinking about him." jeongin scoffed, covering up his lie. the younger took a glance at the clock. still two more hours till his shift was over, then he could visit hyunjin at the dance studio. the two had been stuck together like glue when they weren't working. whether that be around friends or just alone together talking about stupid things, or playing with kkami for hours. sometimes jeongin would visit hyunjin in the studio, watching him teach lessons or just mess around.

"lee felix? i don't know many with that name." the freckled boy smiled brightly at the mention of his name. he was sat comfortably on one of the dark, leather couches across from the desk hyunjin was sat at.

"yep, a lot of my friends call me lix."

from reading the paper felix filled out, hyunjin learned that he happened to be a bit younger and a bunch of other information that he only needed to being in contact with him. "it looks like you signed up for my lessons." the taller looked up at felix with an excited smile. "we don't get many people here so i'll be looking forward to seeing you in class. tuesday's and thursday's from three to four."

the pair conversed comfortably, talking as if they'd been friends for forever. their sitting and chatting eventually turned into hyunjin watching felix dance to random songs on his playlist. it'd been so long since hyunjin had someone to just dance with, especially since wonyoung had been so busy with whatever she was doing and he'd just moved away from most of his friends.

"you listen to a lot of rnb, yeah?" the freckled dancer looked back at the taller, snapping him out of his thoughts. he dabbed his forehead and cheek with the sleeve of his hoodie. his skin glistening with a thin layer of sweat.

"it's my favorite genre." hyunjin explained, finding some of felix's awkward movements a little endearing. he looked down at his phone lighting up, a notification from jeongin which immediately put a goofy smile on his face.

 he looked down at his phone lighting up, a notification from jeongin which immediately put a goofy smile on his face

jeonginnieeee 😈

hey, are you still at the studio?

i got us donuts, are you up for mario
kart with seungmin tonight??

i'll beat your ass 😎🤚🏼

i was actually just about to head out lol

and like hell you are 🙄 i'll be at yours sooooon

ew i miss you bye

😎✨✨
i'm leaving once jisung comes back, he's running late again

"bye, lix!" hyunjin smiled and waved goodbye to his newly made friend as the freckled boy left through the glass door, the little bell ringing throughout the now quiet studio. now, hyunjin could dance comfortably on his own without the pressure of another person watching him.

happy holidays, stay safe and cozy! <3//