sad smiles

╔════════════════╗
S A D  S M I L E S
╚════════════════╝

"i'm going to do it." taehyung abruptly stood from his seat.

"no you're not." jeongin sighed while taking another bite of chocolate cake. the two had been on their lunch break and decided to go grab some food at the cafe, mainly because taehyung wanted to stalk jungkook and hyunjin just recently just started working there. how convenient.

"watch me."

"no- okay, there he goes." the younger sucked in a breath before following the blonde to make sure he wouldn't embarrass himself in front of his crush.

"hey, guys!" taehyung smiled at the three very good looking boys. jungkook, seokjin and hyunjin who all looked up at the two.

"oh, thank god you two are here." the eldest let out a sigh of relief. "you're both single, right? cool, can you take these two out on a date or something?"

okay, well that was easier than expected.

"i did not agree to go out with him." jungkook rolled his eyes while giving a disgusted look at taehyung.

"jungkook! i'm so sorry, taehyung. he has no manners whatsoever." seokjin panicked while giving the blonde a sorry look. literally everyone knew that taehyung had a thing for jungkook except the crush himself.

"oh. um yeah pssh, it's whatever i'm like way out of his league anyways. but uh jeongin can go with hyunjin." the box smiled boy let out a shaky laugh.

taehyung was usually really good when it came to covering up his sadness or anger and saving it till he was home where he felt he could be vulnerable.

before jeongin could get all flustered over going on a date with his prince, he caught taehyung's eyes glossing over and his face contorting into a sad excuse of an attempted smile.

"oh uh looks like out lunch break is over, we'll
talk about it later, okay?" the younger pulled taehyung away from the cafe and into the bookstore. they rarely did it, but jeongin had to close the doors that connected the bookstore from the cafe.

"let's get back to work, okay?"

"you good?"

"c'mon there's some books that we have to restock, someone bought all the copies to 'delectable'." the tanned male smiled his adorable boxy smile that was wasn't as bright as usual.

jeongin watched his friend with sad eyes as the elder tried ignoring any of jeongin's comments toward the situation that just went down.

"why aren't you answering me?"

"because i don't want to tell you that i'm sad and i don't like lying to you."

"that was a dick move of him."

"i know, but what can i do about it. anyways, about you and hyunjin..."

jeongin closed up shop, letting his elder go home earlier than usual to let him do whatever he needed to do to cope with his sadness. he called jimin to warn him to get the ice cream and disney plus out.

TAE TAE PROTECTION SQUAD

jiminie
what happened to him?

me
jungkook just rejected him in the worst way possible, please fix taetae. :(

seokjinnie
i'm. so. sorry.

yoonie
that little bitch

baekhyun
i'm going to kill him

bogum
aight, we ride at dawn.

seokjinnie
i can't stop them this time, can i?

me
nope, we ride at dawn.

jeongin was rummaging through his closet to find something more comfortable to change into and go over to visit taehyung and jimin who both happened to live together. he finally decided on a white hoodie and some black shorts before leaving his not so warm apartment to visit his sad friend.

the young boy jogged down the flight of stairs since the elevators always seemed to have that one creepy dude that he was sure didn't even live in his apartment complex.

the walk wasn't so bad, only a couple minutes before he arrived at the elder's cozy apartment where they had warm fire places and allowed cute doggies such as yeontan who had greeted them when the door was opened by a puffy eyed taehyung and a pissed off yoongi who gladly let him in.

"i brought tteokbokki and extra ice cream."

taehyung gasped.

"no, you've had too much ice cream today, eat your tteokbokki." jimin sighed. "thanks innie, you're a lifesaver, we've been eating mcdonald's for weeks." the shorter male shivered in disgust at the overrated fast food restaurant, no shade to mcdonald's lovers.