books and babes

╔══════════════════╗
B O O K S A N D B A B E S
╚══════════════════╝

jeongin sat behind the donut shaped wooden desk placed in the middle of the store, a similar shaped sign hung above him with the words 'check out' in white, bold letters standing out against the dark greens and browns of the earthy colored bookstore, the small splashed of vibrant, unnatural colors coming from the books themselves, helping them stand out from the browns of the shelves and floorboards and the forest-y greens of the carpets and sofas places throughout the store. it smelled like paper and wood.

jeongin's favorite smell. if there was a candle that smelled like bookstore he would buy the hell out of that. he wished that he didn't have to go home at the end of the day, it was always so boring and lonely in his apartment. a lot less cozy since he was too scared to use his fireplace and his heating system sucked butt.

business was always slow on wednesday's. the bookstore was attached to a cafe right next to them and most of the people that walked in were usually closer to that area because apparently seokjin's coffee and cakes had better wifi... that and seokjin made the best pastries but jeongin would never admit that to the elder's face.

his attention was taken off of the book he was very much interested in. guess that would have to wait another time because holy crap hyunjin walked in. with a girl, assuming that was wonyoung, he gave a friendly smile to the both of them.

"morning, hyunjin!" the young clerk greeted his prince charming.

"hey, jeongin! oh, i'd like you to meet wonyoung, she's my roommate." okay, all jokes aside, wonyoung was extremely pretty, like- not only did hyunjin look good, so did wonyoung. they looked good together.

and then there was jeongin.

"ooh, i've heard quite a bit about you and your love for books, how's the new apartment?" he waved to his coworker who was just getting off his lunch break.

"oh, i absolutely love it. our heating system sucks butt, though." wonyoung frowned briefly before her attention was caught by the romance section. "ooh, jinnie, stay here while i go look at all their copies of 'fifty shades of grey'."

"she's adorable."

"tell me about it, i've been living with the fattest crush on her since forever." hyunjin rolled his eyes as if that statement didn't just punch jeongin in the face- and heart.

"oh, she must be amazing then, for you to have a crush on her for so long." jeongin tried distracting himself by doodling on his hand.

"yeah, she's pretty amazing... what about you? does jeonginnie have any girl crushes?" the prince-like boy teased.

"well, first off, i'm like hella gay, so there's that... and as for any crushes... i wouldn't call it a crush but i think he's really cute and stuff and i haven't really gotten to know him much but i can tell that he's a good person." jeongin sighed while resting his head on the desk.

"hmm, he sounds pretty cool, you should ask him out. maybe then you wouldn't be forever stuck in the romance isle." he suggested after hearing the younger's description of his secret not-so-crush, crush.

jeongin let out a frustrated sigh. "i can't." because it's you, you big, adorably cute, prince looking idiot that somehow caught my attention in the span of one day.

"well why's that?"

"well, there's this girl he likes and i think they'd be in the cutest relationship ever especially since they've known each other for a longer time." the boy with the braces huffed.

"well not all besties to lover relationships work out."

"how would you know?"

"look, wonyoung and i have known each other longer than i can remember and i already know that i'm never going to be seen romantically by her. she probably sees me as a brother figure, you get me?" the prince boy sat on the counter and took a pen from a cup and began to doodle on jeongin's hand.

by now, the younger was on the verge of screaming but contained his butterflies that tickled at his insides. he smiled at the little fox that hyunjin doodled on his hand with a blue flare pen. "yeah, i think i understand, now."

the two doodled on each other's hands, until wonyoung was ready to leave and taehyung was telling him to stop flirting and get back to work (even though there was nothing to be done).

"okay, bye, i'll see you in a bit! bye wonyoung, enjoy your books, let me know if they're good i might read them." the black haired boy handed the girl a plastic bag with a couple books in it. 'cannibal' and 'delectable' by kaleidokoo. he heard their books were great but never got the chance to read any of them.

"will do, have a good night, jeongin!"

as soon as the door was closed, taehyung pulled jeongin down into a seat beside him. "okay, spill the tea, who's the hottie and are you guys dating yet?"

"what?! no! there's nothing going on between us, he has a crush on the girl he just walked in with, anyways. he's the prince dude i told you about earlier."

"oh, him? wow, i thought you were overreacting but he's pretty cute."

"okay, enough about me. how's the whole taekook situation?" the younger asked, trying to take the attention off him and hyunjin.

"ugh, he's so dense, i'm trying to get his attention but all he does is flirt with stupid jimin." the blond boy grumbled, he'd been crushing on jeon jungkook for the past like- five months since the dude started working at the cafe next door.

"doesn't jimin have..."

"a girlfriend, yes!"

jeongin sighed, it was going to be a long night of taehyung ranting about jungkook and the fact that jimin has him wrapped around his finger as a straight man.