like

╔════════════════════╗
L I K E
╚════════════════════╝

"so.. you kissed him? like on the mouth?" hyunjin nodded shyly, tilting his head back as he drank the water from his water bottle.

"yes, felix. exactly how someone would imagine a kiss to be like?" the cat eyed boy chuckled, leaning against the cool, brick wall. his gaze lifted up to the giant mirrors of the dance studio, wiping the sweat off his brow. he didn't realize his face was flushed red until he met eyes with himself. hyunjin wasn't sure if it was because of the intensive dance practice or because of the sudden topic.

hyunjin received a scoff from the freckled boy beside him. "i was just surprised, i mean, it's not that big of a deal," the shorter stood up, stretching out his aching body. "it just sounds like you wanna take it further."

"i do, but.. i don't know, i don't think it would be the best idea right now." the male fiddled with his long fingers awkwardly. "i don't think either of us are ready for more or anything." he wasn't lying, hyunjin was questioning his own commitment and emotions. heck, he was still trying to figure out his sexuality. the only thing he was for sure about was that he really liked jeongin. not only did he have the fattest crush on the younger, he was his best fucking friend.

felix nodded at that, reaching out a hand to his friend who was quickly shaken from his jeongin oriented thoughts. hyunjin gladly took the other's hand standing himself up with the help of his friend. he found it funny at how small the freckled boy's hands were compared to his.

the two boys conversed for awhile, stretching out their muscles and breaking into dance here and there. the big windows of the studio let in the warm colors of the setting sun spill into the studio, their slim frames casting dark shadows. hyunjin always found golden hour in the studio gorgeous.

it also happened to be the same time jeongin would be getting off of work and stopping by to study for the last final weeks of his semester or to have a nice early dinner.

"so..." felix walked over to his duffel bag, pulling out his nintendo switch. "down for mario kart?"

"who would i be to say no?"

the two dancers sat comfortably against the wall, happily playing the little video game. laughter and meaningless banter resonated throughout the relatively small building. loudly too seeing as there was little to no furniture and hyunjin and felix were loud as hell when they got competitive.

hyunjin wore a permanent smile the whole time, dismissing the fact that the sun had gone away. what he hadn't noticed until recently was that jeongin hadn't shown like he usually did.

"hey, wasn't jeongin supposed to come today? i was really excited to meet him." a little frown decorated felix's face.

the blond received a puzzled shrug from the taller. "maybe he went home without telling me. he must be tired since he was called into work unexpectedly." hyunjin would've been more worried but jeongin was an adult and he knew he could handle himself just fine. he was pretty sure that jeongin was more responsible than himself.

"maybe next time, talk to you in a bit?"

hyunjin chuckled as he watched felix sling his bag over his small figure. "you're going to call me the second you get on the bus, freckles."

felix would be lying if he said he didn't like the new nickname hyunjin had given him in the midst of teasing each other. "and you're so going to answer it!" the shorter called back as he pushed the door open, causing the little bell to ring per usual.