Chapter 7: Almost A Week

It had been almost a week since Taebin had that dream about Hannie. Almost a whole week of avoiding the younger, who didn't seem in the slightest bit bothered about whatever had happened at all.

Obviously, Taebin was wrong. Hannie was bothered by it, more than he would care to admit. He wanted, no, he needed to know why Taebin was avoiding him. Did Taebin know? How could he? But why else would he be practically hiding from Hannie? It was stressing him out, to say the least. The only thing Hannie knew, was that if Taebin did know he hadn't told anyone else, which seemed odd to Hannie. The more he tried to make sense of it, the more he began to believe that Taebin was ignoring him for some other reason. He just didn't know what that reason was.

Taebin, however, was freaking out. Over the past few days since he had his little dream about the younger, he had rather a lot on his mind. Not to mention, he hadn't had sex in almost a week.

Why not? Well, although unusual, the answer was simple. He just couldn't. His thoughts were constantly plagued with the image of the boy who cutely hid behind his cushion, jumping at even the tiniest of jump scares. The boy who had hated him for the majority of his life, the boy who isn't really a little boy anymore. The boy he can't get out of his mind.

Now, unlike Hannie, Taebin wasn't the least bit concerned with the fact that he seemed to have feelings for another boy. No, Taebin, couldn't care less about the gender of the person he liked. What he did care about was who that boy was. He couldn't have thoughts or feelings like that about Hannie, he just couldn't. A best friend should never ever make a move on their best friend's sibling. Especially when said sibling was younger. It had always been one of the biggest unspoken rules between best friends. It was something that Taebin just couldn't do, he couldn't betray Jun like that, but he couldn't help how he felt.

Why did he like Hannie? How long had he liked Hannie for? Well, Taebin supposed it happened not too long ago. The day that Taebin realised Hannie wasn't a kid anymore; the day he found the younger at that party. He supposed that was when it began, when it really began. He just wasn't aware of it at the time. What was he supposed to do? That was simple, avoid Hannie at all costs. Doing that, however, was difficult. He was always over, always hanging out with Jun and if Jun was there Hannie likely would be too.

Taebin had been making excuses all week. Going to his parents for dinner instead of their house. Jun had noticed the change in his friend, it was small, but it was there, and he didn't know what the reason was. Jun could have asked but he knew that Taebin would come up with some bullshit explanation, he always did with things like that.

You see, Taebin wasn't good at talking about his feelings, never was. Well, he was when it came to getting laid. If he liked someone they would know almost immediately. He was always direct when it came to dating or a one-night stand. He would tell people how it was and if they rejected him, which was rare, then it wasn't the end of the world, he'd find someone else eventually. That was how Taebin worked when it came to love; he was a bit of a player. He'd had girlfriends before, none particularly serious though.

This new dilemma of his was different entirely. It was ridiculous actually. How could he like Hannie, as if Hannie would ever like him back. The younger was always with that older girl, with Haeun. Not to mention, Hannie wasn't gay. Well, as far as Taebin knew. But then again, neither was Taebin.

Yet again, the fact that it was a boy didn't matter to Taebin. Hell, he couldn't care less that it was a boy who had caught his attention. That wasn't the issue, the issue was who that boy was. It was wrong, all so very wrong, but that was how it was.

It was probably nothing, just a one-time thing. That was what Taebin had told himself the first couple of days after but then he had another dream, this one worse than the first. The younger was oh so cute in his dreams. He wasn't being cocky or snarky, just fun and playful. It was a side of Hannie that Taebin knew was there but one he had rarely seen in reality. He wanted to see it more, not just in his dreams. Even if he thought the idea silly.