Chapter 14: Fear

By the time Hannie awoke, his head was throbbing, and his eyes were struggling to stay open. He yawned and shuffled slightly, only to find an arm tightening around his waist. His eyes shot open, all traces of tiredness snapping out of him when he realised he was not in his own bed.

As his eyes adjusted to his surroundings he found that he was in an unfamiliar room, one he had never seen before. The only thing that reassured him was that familiar smell that filled his senses, the scent of him.

He was startled again when the arm around him began to move again, a hand venturing under the hoodie he was wearing. A hoodie that was not his own. That was when everything started coming back to him. Piece by piece he was recalling bits and pieces of the night before.

He remembered doing shots with Minnie. He remembered dancing with Haeun. He remembered sitting in a car and watching the streets pass by. He couldn't remember many of the conversations he had but he was beginning to remember his actions. It felt as though he was looking through frosted glass, and the frost was slowly beginning to clear.

His cheeks grew hot with embarrassment when he recalled Taebin helping him change. He felt a warmth within him when he remembered the elder untying his shoes, getting him water and even carrying him to the bedroom. He looked after him.

Hannie was pulled from his memories as the hand continued to venture across his skin, the feeling tickled and he found himself flinching slightly under the touch.

"Taebin," he whispered, trying not to startle the boy.

The elder groaned and pushed his head into the crook of Hannie's neck, all the while his hand continued to explore the smaller boy's torso.

"Tae. Come on, that tickles."

He was once again met with a groan. He could feel Taebin's hot breath on his ear. His thoughts, feelings and senses were filled with Taebin and nothing else. It was peaceful, a sensation he could get used to.

"Morning," the groggy voice from behind him finally spoke coherent words.

Hannie smiled and involuntarily pushed himself back against the elder, craving more of his warmth.

"Morning."

Taebin welcomed the smaller body into his, pulling it closer as if it was going to run away had he let go.

They lied together for a while longer, their legs tangling together as they enjoyed their time alone. They couldn't be like this in public, although Taebin was more than ready to show his affection to the younger whenever he could. He was fully prepared to fight anyone who opposed of the two boys being together, but he also knew that Jun would dislike the idea of their relationship.

Hannie, however, was not comfortable with being public about their relationship at all. He had made that point very clear and Taebin respected his decision, he just wished he could shower him with love and affection no matter where they were or who was watching. A society such as theirs just wouldn't allow it.

"It's a miracle that you didn't throw up on those," Taebin chuckled, watching from the bed as Hannie collected his own clothes.

The younger brought the fabric to his nose, which scrunched up when the smell of alcohol shot up his nostrils. "It stinks."

"It's fine. I'll wash them before you go home. It's not like there's any rush."

Hannie nodded only to wind up holding his throbbing head. Taebin watched the younger and climbed out of bed, taking his hand in his own before gently pulling him along to the kitchen. He let go to search through the cupboards.