Chapter 2: Heartbreaker

"Come on dude, the game is starting," Jun stated as his friend entered the room.

Taebin sighed, placing his glass down before taking his seat at the end of his friend's bed and lifting his remote.

"Think you can beat me this time?" He taunted, long fingers twitching with anticipation as they wrapped around the buttons.

Jun cracked his knuckles, "I can try."

This was how it always went with the boys. They were always competitive. Their whole childhood was spent competing against each other and most of the time, Jun won; but not with videogames.

Taebin was athletic, sure, but Jun was more so. Jun always was. He built muscles quicker and had more stamina than his counterpart. He won every race he entered, Taebin always coming second. Jun was always the smarter of the two as well, Taebin always had average grades whereas Jun would excel. But videogames, that was Taebin's speciality. He loved them and played them every chance he got.

He knew every combo, every secret move. He always won. Well, almost always. Every now and again he'd have something else on his mind or get distracted and Jun would just about manage to take over the lead. Taebin had always been easily distracted.

Back at school Jun would keep his head down in class and get the work done but Taebin, well, he was always looking elsewhere. Staring at a pretty girl, looking out the window at the clouds, you name it. Anything but focusing on what he was supposed to be doing.

The heartbreaker of the school. That's what they called him. It was the same now at university. He was always with someone new. By the end of his uni days, he'd probably have slept with all the girls in his year, maybe more. He went through countless girlfriends, all of whom he got bored of pretty quickly.

You see, Taebin and Hannie actually had lots in common but those slight similarities shared many differences.

Taebin loved girls, always had. Han found them annoying. Taebin purposely broke hearts. Han never meant to. Taebin was a sex addict. Han was holding onto his virginity for dear life.

There were so many similarities but more differences between the two. Maybe that's why they didn't get on. Maybe they were just from two very different worlds.

In fact, the only thing that tethered them together was Jun. Their precious Jun. Big brother and best friend. He was the only reason the two saw each other. If it wasn't for Jun, the pair would have had nothing to do with each other.

Taebin didn't hate Hannie. How could he? But Hannie hated him. He just didn't realize quite how much.

He never really understood why the younger had such a grudge against him. What had he ever done wrong? He had always tried to be nice to Hannie, always tried to treat him like he would a little brother but the bitterness he always received in return prevented him from seeing the younger as anything but an acquaintance. He was Jun's baby brother. Nothing more, nothing less.

"Fuck," she breathed with a dry voice, the latest girl in Taebin's sexual endeavours.

He was used to this, used to going home and ending up with a girl underneath him. He had so many contacts in his phone, fuck buddies and exes alike. There was always someone to satisfy him when he called, always someone just waiting for the next time he'd call.

Living alone was a blessing to Taebin. He moved out back in high school, just before graduation. His apartment was small but suits his needs. It also means that he can have anyone over without worrying about his parents. They loved him, sure, but even they grew sick of his antics. They weren't surprised when he said he was moving out. He still visits them at least once a week when he doesn't have company.