Chapter 4: Gay

"Morning, Hannie," Jun yawned, ruffling his brother's hair as he walked into the kitchen.

He grabbed some bread and walked over to the toaster, looking for an easy-to-make breakfast, "Mum and dad already gone?"

Hannie nodded, swirling his spoon around in his cereal, "Yeah, they left about an hour ago."

The weekend was usually a break for the boys but not for their parents. They both had to work almost every day, leaving early and getting back late most of the time. It was rare that the whole family would spend a day together, the only time they were ever granted together was at dinner and even that wasn't at a fixed time each day.

Their father worked for a failing company, his pride too strong to give up on his boss and quit to get a better job. Their mother was also in an office, a receptionist to be precise but nothing fancy and the pay wasn't good, to say the least. They used to have more money when their father's company was doing well and their mother had a better-paid job. That was when the boys were still little kids before Hannie started high school.

Now with Jun at university and Hannie coming up to the end of school, they needed the money more than ever. That was why their parents were at work almost all of the time, even Jun had gotten a part-time job. Hannie had tried to get one too, but his parents insisted that he focus on his studies and not overwork himself until he is an adult just like Jun.

He's only three years younger but still treated like a baby. Though, he wasn't going to complain about not having to work on top of his studies. Instead, he spent most of his free time out 'studying' with his friends. Yeah, the ones that get him into trouble, the ones that got him taking drugs and drinking in the first place.

"Taebin will be over in a bit," Jun exclaimed, excited to spend the afternoon gaming with his friend after they studied for the morning. They, unlike Han and his friends, actually do meet up to study. Well, Jun studies and Taebin draws, but they preferred to do it in each other's company rather than alone.

That's the thing with friends as close as brothers, they love to spend time together, and Hannie hated it, "I'm going out anyway, so don't worry."

Han was indeed going out. He was going shopping with Haeun.

She came and picked him up on her motorbike, out of view of his house so that Jun wouldn't see his baby brother climbing onto the back and wrapping his arms around an older woman. Sure, she was only a couple of years older than Han, but Jun wouldn't like the difference, he'd say Hannie should hang out with people his own age. If Haeun was a year older she would have probably been in his class and, to Jun, someone his age was not someone Hannie should be hanging out with. People his age were much too mature for his little brother.

"Come on Noona, we've gone in every shop now," Han complained, sick of constantly being dragged through shops while Haeun window shopped.

She didn't buy anything except for food and coffee. She just wanted to spend time with her little Hannie without the other boys wanting to tag along and shopping was the perfect activity.

"Okay, okay. Want me to drop you home?" She asked, though Hannie only shook his head.

"No, I don't wanna go back yet. I just don't want to shop anymore."

That was how he found himself at Haeun's house, sitting on her bed as she climbed on top of him to straddle his lap.

"Noona..." He breathed, his cheeks growing hot.

She simply wrapped her arms around his neck, leaning dangerously close, "Come on Hannie, you're not usually so shy."

"And we're not usually alone," he retorted, his voice hitching ever so slightly when Haeun subtly ground against him.