Chapter 6: Thoughts and Feelings

Hannie wasn't happy to spend the day with Taebin and in all honesty, Taebin wasn't particularly happy about it either.

"What movie do you wanna watch?" Taebin asked, deciding that the younger should be the one to choose since he was the one who was supposedly sick.

The younger simply shrugged.

"Okay then, how about this one?" Taebin asked, picking out a horror movie that Hannie really didn't want to watch.

Hannie didn't do horror movies. In fact, he didn't do anything even remotely scary. Like, at all. But he wasn't going to let Taebin know that and so, he nodded.

Obviously, Hannie regretted his decision the moment he made it. He pulled his legs up onto the sofa, tucking them carefully into his blanket, and grabbed a nearby cushion to cuddle. Taebin just thought that the boy was getting comfy for the movie, he didn't realize that the younger was absolutely petrified of what was to come.

Hannie's terror went unnoticed until about halfway through the movie, which was when he brought the cushion right up to his face in order to hide behind it. Taebin wasn't entirely sure when his attention had come off the movie and fixed onto the younger instead. He had just begun to watch as he flinched at every little jump scare, squeezing his eyes shut only to slowly peel them open again.

Cute.

"What?" Hannie's voice was stern, unlike how he had been moments before.

Taebin was staring and he had been caught.

"You should have said you don't like horror movies. We could have watched something else," he chuckled, trying to cover his tracks.

A light shade of pink dusted over Hannie's cheeks like an elegant watercolour as embarrassment took a hold of him.

"I'm not scared," he insisted but Taebin knew better and, without another word, turned the movie off.

Taebin searched for another movie and, after checking Hannie was actually going to enjoy it, turned their next pick on. They continued watching movies for the rest of the day and by the evening, Hannie was sound asleep. His legs tucked up onto the sofa neatly with his head laying on the armrest. He was starved of sleep the night before and now he was finally trying to catch up.

Taebin silently cooed over the younger before going off in search of a blanket. Upon finding what he was looking for, he gently draped it over Hannie, wondering what on earth had stolen his sleep the night before. He knew that Hannie very well may have been ill the night before, but if he was so sick then why did he seem fine now? Why did Mrs Choi say that he was in hysterics, sobbing on the bathroom floor after merely being sick? Taebin didn't buy it. He knew something was wrong, but he didn't know what.

He was worried. Really worried. He wanted to know what was troubling the younger, he wanted to help but he knew that Hannie wouldn't open up to him. All he could do was talk to Jun and make sure that he was there for Hannie.

By the time everyone else got home, Hannie was still fast asleep, he'd barely even stirred.

"Hannie." Jun's voice was soft as he shook his brother awake.

The boy opened his eyes with a yawn, stretching his previously curled up legs across the sofa.

"Dinner's ready."

Hannie nodded, yawning once again as he rubbed the sleep from his eyes. He couldn't believe that he had fallen asleep in the middle of the movie. Well, he could. What he couldn't believe was that not only had he embarrassed himself with the whole horror movie fiasco earlier but now he had even fallen asleep right next to Taebin. What if he snored? He could never face the elder again. Well, he could. He was still staying for dinner after all.