Chapter 5: Normal

"Ji, come on. Just tell us what's going on between you and Haeun. Have you, you know, done the dirty yet?" Woojin insisted, wiggling his eyebrows at his friend.

Currently, the group of boys were hanging out together as they did most of the time. Haeun was still yet to show up so they had decided that it was time to tease Han and catch up on the details between him and the older girl.

Han rolled his eyes and sighed, "It's not like that."

"Really? But you guys sucking each other's faces off all the time says otherwise," Woojin chuckled, though Han only rolled his eyes for the second time.

They loved to tease Han. He was the only one in their group who had maintained his so-called purity. They all saw him as the youngest, although that title went to another, Min-seok, known to most as Minnie.

Minnie was a whole few months younger than Hannie so in most respects, they were the same age. Minnie was a boy who always acted immature and cute. He probably had the purest heart of them all, the only thing he ever wanted to do was make people happy.

Minnie's way of making people happy, however, wasn't so pure. He slept around. A lot. He had slept with most of the girls in their year, even a few of the boys. Obviously, there were rumours that he was gay but his tally of girls was just as long, if not longer, than his tally for how many times he was with boys. Most resorted to calling him bisexual but he believed that there was no need for labels. You should be with who you want when you want. Regardless of gender, age, orientation, well, regardless of anything.

Minnie always thought that if both people wanted to be together, whether for a one-time thing or a long-term relationship, they shouldn't let anything get in their way. That was why he was the perfect person for Hannie to talk to. He was the only one that wouldn't judge him and would let him get everything off of his chest. Hannie wouldn't have to worry about him telling anyone else because, although Minnie was immature, he knew he could trust him.

Hannie was just waiting for the best time to talk to him.

Haeun never showed up that day in the end. She just messaged Hannie, apologizing that something had come up. So, the boys hung out together for a little while, a few long hours, but eventually decided to call it a day.

They were about to go home when Hannie tugged hesitantly on Minnie's sleeve, he knew he could trust Minnie, but his heart was still pounding so violently in his chest that he felt sick.

Minnie tilted his head, about to ask the older boy what he wanted, but upon meeting Hannie's hesitant eyes he simply nodded and gestured for him to follow along.

They walked in silence all the way to Minnie's house, and Hannie only continued to grow more nervous. He had only just kind of come to terms with things himself, so telling someone else was a big step. However, he desperately needed someone to talk it over with, someone who might at least understand where he was coming from, someone who won't judge him.

Hannie was scared, he was scared that if people found out that he would lose his friends and family, that he would be bullied and spat at on the streets, that even little Minnie might turn his back on him. Minnie wasn't gay after all. No, Minnie was just, well, Minnie.

Han followed Minnie inside, bowing slightly to his parents with a slightly awkward smile as they passed through the house and up the stairs.

Han flopped down onto Minnie's bed with a sigh as the younger closed the door, "So, what's up?"

Hannie leaned his head on his arms, looking up at the ceiling, when Minnie sat down beside him, sighing again as he willed up the courage to talk.

"I think I'm... I think I'm gay."