The Great Game (Part 5)

"The clue is in the name: Janus Cars."

The bomber had called Sherlock during the investigation. Gave him a hint. With this information, it was easy for Sherlock to figure out what had happened. Ian Monkford had disappeared to Columbia with the help of Mr. Ewert at Janus Cars (Janus as in the god with two faces). Ian Monkford was most likely in some sort of financial trouble.
So he hatched a plan. Janus Cars would help Monkford disappear; Mrs. Monkford would cash in the life insurance and split it with Janus Cars. And everyone would live happily ever after...at least, until the friendly bomber got involved.
And so it was, that the next case to solve was thrust upon the detective and his blogger.
You had to sit out for most of this case since you had to work. But you were ready to jump right in as soon as you got back to the flat.

"So," You said as you walked in. Sherlock and Lestrade were both there. "What have I missed?"

Turned out you had missed most of the case. You were quickly filled in on the details. Connie Prince had recently passed away.
Now it was up to Sherlock to figure out how—and by whom—she was murdered. Sherlock being Sherlock, he had already figured it out...hours ago as it would seem.

"So you called off the bomber then? Told him it was this Raoul?"

"Oh no, no, no. Not yet."

"What?" You asked, "Why not?"

"He gave me twelve hours to solve this. Since I solved the case early that gave me time to get on with other things," He explained.

You nodded in understanding. "So, you're hoping to one up on him."

"Exactly!"

You sighed and shook your head in exasperation. "What about the hostage? The blind woman?"

"I can still save her. I have not done anything to provoke the bomber. He won't kill her for no reason."

"And how can you be certain of that?" This made Sherlock pause. He stared at you for a long moment and then shook his head.

"I can't be certain of anything. But from what I can figure, this man won't get his hands dirty unless he has to."

You nodded. "Well, if you believe that, then I will too. What are we doing now?"

Sherlock turned to put his coat on. "I'm meeting John at Kenny Prince's house. Would you like to come along?"

You smiled. "I was hoping you'd ask."

"Wonderful!" Sherlock handed you a bag. You stared at it quizzically.

"What's with this photography equipment?"

"To keep John's cover."

"His cover?" But you wouldn't get anymore information from the detective, seeing as he was already walking out the door. You simply sighed and followed after him.

***

As it was, John's cover was being a journalist. This way he was able to ask Mr. Prince questions and it wouldn't feel like some sort of interrogation. The photography equipment that you and Sherlock brought was to help upkeep that cover.
You and Sherlock entered the house. As you came in, you suddenly wondered what your cover was in this situation. You felt strange just following Sherlock around. But it was soon clear what you could do in the situation. Sherlock walked right up to Kenny Prince.

"Ah, Mr. Prince, isn't it?"

"Yes."

"Very good to meet you."

"Yes, thank you."

The two of them shook hands while Sherlock continued talking. "So sorry to hear about-"